Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 70D - for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
davidc18 -- did you get quotes from CarMax and Tesla and, if so, would you mind disclosing the three offers? I think it would be very useful for both potential buyers and sellers on this forum.

And, having sold several cars to CarMax and several to private parties (all ICE), I agree that the ease of sale to CarMax is huge in comparison to a private party -- and worth taking a lower number. I'll note, however, that deals with established members of car forums tend to go smoother than general public deals.

Dr. Mike, how to find out if a 2015 70D has the power and lighting package, as in your case?

Ultimately you need to get the option codes.

How you get them depends. Since I got mine through Tesla, it shows up in the archived list at EV-CPO. The VIN ends in 087535. If I have the options column visible, and click on that, I can see all the codes for what it has. Mine seems to be somewhat of a unicorn in this regards. It has TP03 (Power and Lighting Package) but also LP00 (No Lighting Package). No others show up with those. In general, if they have LP00, they also have TP00 (No Power and Lighting Package). If they have TP03, they generally have LP01 (Premium Interior Lighting). Mine is the only one in all the listings that has TP03 and LP00. That seems to have just given it the power liftgate and exterior chrome stuff that normally came with the premium interior package.