Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 85D vs 2018 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a similar situation when I put my 2015 Model S 85D in the shop for maintenance and got a 2017 Model S 70 loaner. I really liked the Gen 4 seats compared to the Gen 2 seats in my S85D (thanks to @BLKTSLA for the informative video comparison). I like the openness of the yacht floor on my S85D...the S70 cockpit felt claustrophobic with the console. Also the smaller frunk was kind of a disappointment. In general the build quality felt good, although I didn't have any particular complaints with my S85D.

Unfortunately the loaner didn't have EAP activated, and it was speed-limited and locked into Chill Mode acceleration, so I didn't get to compare the driving performance (and I have still never tried Autopilot on an AP2 car).

Bruce.

• Love
Reactions: BLKTSLA
I guess letting your cup sit in them while you are not actively drinking so that it keeps your cup upright and doesn't fall over. I suppose it beats standing your coffee cup on the flat portion of the console and having it spill in the seat, floor, or worse, in your lap. I don't think you would call that a fascination with cup holders, but only common sense, since we as humans drink liquids, and liquids tend to me a mess if spilled in nice cars such as a Tesla. How do you keep your cup upright?

Oh, and I don't think that is a "fascination" - just another comfort creature in an automobile - comes in very handy at times. I don't think I'm going to spend a whole lot of time worrying about it - but cup holders ARE worth a comment on a message forum. I don't day dream about them or anything (if that's what you meant by fascination).

What's your fascination with other people's fascinations? (since I made one post about cup holders and you called it a fascination, I can only assume that your one post about fascinations means you have a fascination with other people's fascinations)
OK, cultural difference. Coffee is a 30ml espresso extracted into a porcelain cup and to be enjoyed sitting down at a table, never drunk in the car, and not from a container large enough to fill a cupholder. Water is drunk from a screwtop container so that it doesn't spill. What amazes me is the number of cupholders in a car people seem to demand these days, if everyone s that thirsty, just stop for a drink!

Oh, and yes, I'm am fascinated by people's fascinations, I suppose that's one reason why I'm a psychaiatrist

• Funny
Reactions: Nick B and Ormond
OK, cultural difference. Coffee is a 30ml espresso extracted into a porcelain cup and to be enjoyed sitting down at a table, never drunk in the car, and not from a container large enough to fill a cupholder. Water is drunk from a screwtop container so that it doesn't spill. What amazes me is the number of cupholders in a car people seem to demand these days, if everyone s that thirsty, just stop for a drink!

Oh, and yes, I'm am fascinated by people's fascinations, I suppose that's one reason why I'm a psychaiatrist
I didnt know thats how they spell psychiatrist in OZLand

• Funny
Reactions: doctorwho