Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All, new member here.
I had a Chevy Bolt, GM repurchased it, I couldn't live with the restrictions. I have a 2022 MY ordered, delivery now estimated for September, Am looking at a 2015 Model s 85D, 83000 miles at a dealership to get us through the wait. Went to look at it Sunday when they were closed. The car had the charger plugged into the port then routed into the trunk and an extension cord was hanging out of the trunk with the male end torn off and bare wires laying on the ground. In addition, the whole car body was about two inches off the ground, it actually looked like the body was sitting on the tires. I have a couple questions. Does anyone have any experience with air suspension failure? Is the air suspension powered by the 85Kw battery or the 12v? Are there any other inherently common problems with this year/model? Thank you for any help and knowledge offered.

P.S. what restrictions? I’m completely unaware of this problem with GM EVs.
A few of the bolt batteries caused fires. GM recalled all Bolts made. They put certain restrictions on them until the battery is replaced. Do not charge the vehicle in the garage overnight. Charge it up and remove it from the garage. Park at least 50 feet from another vehicle or structure. Do not charge to over 80% and do not discharge to less than 70 miles of range, thereby reducing range to approx. 50% of advertised. Not at all the advertised benefits of the Bolt.

Upvote 0