TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2015 Black/Grey Model S 90D w AP1 and roof rack $1195

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Ender345, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Ender345

Ender345 Member

Hi, looking to transfer my lease on a 2015 Model S in Obsidian Black w grey interior, 21" grey turbine wheels, next gen seats, carbon fiber, UHD sound package, roof rack, air suspension and auto-pilot one in excellent condition (some minor curb rash and a small ding in rear left door that i just haven't had time to fix yet).

Asking $2000 down and then you pay lease transfer fee - but I got $10,000 off the cost of the car because it was a floor model, so the lease payments on this $112,000 car are much lower than anything comparable.

Car has 22,000 miles and has another 25,500 miles left on the lease (15000 miles per year, plus an extra 2500 or so that were on the car when I got it from dealer - so you're good to 47500 before you start paying per mile).

Great deal on an amazing car - just doesn't make sense for me to keep this and the model X.

Attached Files:

2. Ender345

Ender345 Member

Forgot to include in post, car is located in San Francisco, CA.
    Thanks!

3. Terras

Terras Member

Out of my price range, but just thought I'd point out that you're missing the lease's end date and people will be wanting to know how much it will cost to buy out the lease now and at end of term. Good luck with your transfer.

• Helpful x 1
  4. Ender345

Ender345 Member

Sorry - lease end date is Feb of 2019 (so just under 2 years left) and the buyout option at end of term is $66,521. The car is leased through US Bank. Thanks for your interest!

5. mcgarrett

mcgarrett Member

Question. Is the $1195 with or without tax? Thx

6. Ender345

Ender345 Member

$1195 includes tax - that is the total monthly payment!

7. cantdecide

cantdecide Member

Is the roof rack part of the lease or did you buy that separately?

8. Ender345

Ender345 Member

The dealership threw it in as a make-good for a small shipping delay, so I would assume it is part of the lease. I'll double check with them and post an update to confirm.

9. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

How would this be handled when the car is returned?

10. Ender345

Ender345 Member

It's a good question, and I unfortunately don't know the answer. Because Tesla hasn't started taking lease cars back yet (because the lease program isn't old enough), they weren't able to give me guidance on exactly how it works when I asked. Maybe someone else in the forum knows the answer? Essentially by taking over my lease the lessee would be getting a significant break on the monthly cost and down payment relative to a normal lease (it cost me roughly $8500 down, and normally this car would cost more like $1500-$1600 a month). Those savings should more than make up for what should be very minor charges, if any at all, when the car is returned to the dealership. Thanks!

11. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

Assuming Tesla has the same rules as BMW, the ding will need to be pretty large to warrant a charge. Normal door dings are not going to get charged. For curb rashes, also depends on how deep and how big... Most of those can be easily and cheaply fixed anyways, and even if charged would be a couple hundred at most, as long as the wheel is not actually bent / structurally damaged.

12. HopJokey

HopJokey New Member

Sorry I meant the original poster Ender!