TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2015 Blue 85D

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by hashraf, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hashraf

hashraf Member

#1 hashraf, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    I am considering upgrading to a P85D or P90D or Model 3 Performance. Hence listing my 85D for sale. Car is located in Las Vegas, NV

For NV buyers (and I think AZ too) no sales taxes on private party purchases.

2015 85D purchased as inventory car in Nov 2015
    Mileage: ~43K
    Initial bumper to bumper warranty expires in Nov 2019 or at 54K miles
    Eligible for ESA to extend the warranty until Nov 2023 / 104K miles
    8 year battery/drivetrain warranty expires Nov 2023
    Nextgen Black Leather seats
    Tech Package with Autopilot
    19" Cyclone wheels - most efficient option that came with 85Ds
    Body Color Roof (less noise vs panoramic, no need to worry about malfunction in future and keeps car cooler)
    VIN 82,XXX
    Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    Piano Black Decor
    Lifetime Supercharger
    Smart Air Suspension

Post Purchase After Market Upgrades / Options
    Full paint correction and Opticoat Pro on the entire car
    Red calipers

Since delivery, the car has been only hand washed with optimum products. Paint is in excellent condition other than a few minor rock chips. No accidents or scratches. 2 of the wheels have minor curb rashes. Parked in garage at home and covered parking at work.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires installed in September 2017 and have 7/10 tread left on all. These tires have been rated as the best performing all season tires for 19" wheels

Asking $56,600
    Title in hand, no lien.

Attached Files:

2. hashraf

hashraf Member

Additional Pictures

Attached Files:

3. hashraf

hashraf Member

Some more pictures including wheel curb rash. I will be out of town for a week but can take more pictures if needed after I am back.

Attached Files:

4. Buddyroe

Buddyroe Member

How did you find out the warranty ends at 54k miles? I've never seen one past 50k miles. Is there a way to check your warranty under your account? I'm hoping mine is past 50k also.

5. Getlib

Getlib Member

He bought as an inventory car (with 4k miles presumably). It's the fifth sentence in his post.

6. Buddyroe

Buddyroe Member

But normally, inventory cars still carry the original warranty - 4 years, or 50k miles (on the odometer).

7. Getlib

Getlib Member

@Buddyroe point me to where it says "(on the odometer)" as you say LOL

8. hashraf

hashraf Member

Buddy, not sure what the current Tesla policy is but when I bought my car, the inventory car warranty mileage and duration started from the sale date (in-service date is I think what they call). My car had ~4k miles at purchase. I have confirmed the 54K and Nov 2019 / 2023 expirations from Tesla service when i was there in person. They showed it to me on their computer screen.

If your car was inventory purchase then you can check your expiration by talking to service center.

9. hashraf

hashraf Member

Few people have asked about charge capacity. Currently, in the hot summer months, I am getting 240 miles at 90%. I think in colder temperatures this will likely drop 3-4 miles. The rated 90% is 243 I believe.

I have done a 100% charge only twice since owning the car and the last time i did it was last summer when I got the full rated 270 miles once and 269 miles the other time. If I were to do 100% today, I am guessing I might get 267 miles in the hot months and probably 264/265 in winter. Surprisingly very little degradation, potentially because the car has used the supercharger only a handful of times.

10. hashraf

hashraf Member

I am back in town and hence a bump. 42,954 miles on the car as of this afternoon.

11. hashraf

hashraf Member