Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Blue Model S 70D with Rear Facing Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's time for my beloved blue Tesla to go.... the Model X is coming next month! We were getting ready to order a New S with Rear Facing Seats but decided to give the 100D Model X a try. I sure am going to miss my first Tesla! After searching high and low for a 100D S with rear facing seats, we landed on ordering a new one, and at that point made the jump to Model X.

This is a 2015, pre-refresh. I have intentionally kept it under 50,000 miles and will continue to limit miles for the next owner. If you want to coordinate a 75K or 100K warranty as a part of the purchase, just let me know and I can get prices for you Currently sitting at 40,060 and will continue to go up for errands, etc. 100% charge was 230 yesterday, pic in below link for that. You will also find a ~3 minute walkaround video where I point out a few things that I would notice if I were looking at the car. If you want to also purchase the matching Model S Radio Flyer we can probably work something out for that as well... if I can convince my kids :)

I just completed the 4 year service and you can see the details of that inspection here. Everything looks great.
RONC9894006461.pdf

Car Specs:
Model S 70 D: $75000
Deep Blue Metallic: $1000
All Glass Panoramic Roof: $1500
19" wheels
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Piano Black Decor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Premium Interior and Lighting: $3000
Rear Facing Seats: $3000
Destination/Reg Fee: $1200
Autopilot: $3000
XPEL: $2500 (front bumper, full hood, front fenders, mirrors, handles, rear bumper and ledge)
Tint: $500
----
$90,700 sticker price
====
Asking Price - $53,500

I'm not in much rush to sell the car, as Model X will not arrive for 7 weeks and financing is not contingent on sale of this car. Title is in hand. Car is located in Indianapolis area, near Fishers Supercharger.

Pics below. You'd hardly know a 3/5/7 year old have been in it. Mostly been a vehicle to get me to client visits and meetings, lots of autopilot highway miles!

A few other notes -
- Tire tread is noted on the above PDF link, ranging from 6/32 - 8/32. Tires were replaced on 5/5/17 at 31,940 miles so they have 15,000 miles on them. 1 tire was replaced a few months later because I got a screw through it. (Slow leak, drove to Tesla. All work done at Tesla service center, no one else has ever touched car and never been towed or on flat bed.)

- Brake pads and rotors are original - brake pads are noted on PDF at 8mm (and I read here that they are 9mm new and 1mm wear after 40K miles is pretty common - brake pad replace yet? | Tesla -- wear limit on brake pads is 2mm.)

- The car has 35% LLumar CTX tint on the side/rear windows which helps keep things cool especially in the rear-facing seats. The windshield has Air80 (80% tint) - I also have a rear window Tesla sunshade that I would include in the sale. (Model S Rear Liftgate Sunshade)

- KBB prices private party at 52-59K with $55,826 in the middle for my zip code, without consideration for XPEL.

- One owner, no accidents.

- More pics, and walkaround video, at https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=N2RyTTNXaTNhQ1J3SS1GeVpHTDRwZGFPMzJ2LUdR

IMG_20180507_202859.jpg
IMG_20180507_203019.jpg
IMG_20180507_203255.jpg
IMG_20180509_140240.jpg
IMG_20180509_140309.jpg
IMG_20180509_140330.jpg
IMG_20180509_140418.jpg
IMG_20180509_140502.jpg
IMG_20180509_140608.jpg
IMG_20180510_191101.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
now this is the way to post a car for sale. great descriptions, all the info you need, backed up with good pictures and a full walkaround.

seriously if i didn't just put a deposit down for an X this is what i was looking for in a used S (outside of the textile but that's not bad.) you could have posted this a week ago and saved me a lot of money. :eek:

I think you nailed the pricing pretty well.

I've been debating what to sell my 2015 Metallic Blue 70D for, and I came up with roughly the same numbers (around $55K). We have very similar configurations, but I have less miles. I don't have the rear facing seat, but I do have next generation seats because my bum deserves it. I also have the cold weather package because my hands deserve it. :)

One small detail you have wrong. The Autopilot package was $2500, and not $3000.

I think I have too much anxiety to sell it privately so I might go the consignment route even if it means less money. It's also a really beautiful car, and it would be hard to let it go. I think I can do it. Maybe.

Love the configuration! Unfortunately it's a little bit out of my price range - or rather, what my wife has determined is my price range. ;)

You may want to mention what state you're in (or perhaps you did and I missed it). Good luck with the sale!

Nice. When you drop the price closer to $46,000 let me know.

That's getting really close what Tesla will give an owner for a car.

I can't speak for the OP, but in my own case Tesla will give me $44K. That $44K is actually more like $48K because WA state has a 10% sales tax on cars (or thereabouts).

So my absolute minimum would be $50K to even bother with selling it private party.

The OP nailed the pricing pretty well. The only problem the OP has is he's in the wrong state. The car would have already sold if he was in a more EV popular area.

At $46K you're likely going to have to wait about 6 months.

A lot of 2015's have a resale guarantee that sets a minimum price point of selling it. That $46K price point is too close to that resale guarantee (at least for a well optioned 70D with around the limit of 45K miles). So that's another reason that it's probably not going to be for another 6 months on a 2015 model at the $46K price point.

If I was you I'd offer $50K as a standing offer just to torture the OP. Because it's almost enough, but not quite there.

At $53,000 I am only $15k away (after $7,500 fed tax credit) from a brand new 2018 S 75D with many of the options now standard.

face lift, new version seats, smart air suspension, auto pilot 2.5 hardware, new faster MCU, 3 years newer, 46,000 less miles, 5kwh bigger battery....

Just saying

At $53,000 I am only $15k away (after $7,500 fed tax credit) from a brand new 2018 S 75D with many of the options now standard.

face lift, new version seats, smart air suspension, auto pilot 2.5 hardware, new faster MCU, 3 years newer, 46,000 less miles, 5kwh bigger battery....

Just saying

The $15K price differential you list doesn't include AP2.5, but you included it in the list of things that were better.

A spec for spec comparison pricing comes out to $25K

Model S 75 D: $74500
All Glass Panoramic Roof: Standard
19" wheels: Standard
Multi-Pattern Black Seats: Standard
Piano Black Décor: Standard
Black Alcantara Headliner: Standard
Premium Interior and Lighting: Standard
Rear Facing Seats: $4000
Autopilot: $5000

That puts you at $85,700 - $7500 = $78,200

It's also important to point out the HID headlights on a 2015 Model S equipped with them are better than a 2018 with LED lighting. That's worth at least $1K or more over the poorer LED lighting.

Last edited:
The $15K price differential you list doesn't include AP2.5, but you included it in the list of things that were better.

A spec for spec comparison pricing comes out to $25K

Model S 75 D: $74500
All Glass Panoramic Roof: Standard
19" wheels: Standard
Multi-Pattern Black Seats: Standard
Piano Black Décor: Standard
Black Alcantara Headliner: Standard
Premium Interior and Lighting: Standard
Rear Facing Seats: $4000
Autopilot: $5000

That puts you at $85,700 - $7500 = $78,200

It's also important to point out the HID headlights on a 2015 Model S equipped with them are better than a 2018 with LED lighting. That's worth at least $1K or more over the poorer LED lighting.

Like I said 2.5 HARDWARE...

led vs hid... I would rather have led especially considering warranty almost gone.

Like I said, approx $15k more for what I would order.

Like I said 2.5 HARDWARE...

led vs hid... I would rather have led especially considering warranty almost gone.

The most important clarification is what you would order. The fact that you're not taking advantage of the full $25K+ worth of difference means it's not really for you.

You can probably hit your $46K mark with a less optioned one. As it doesn't seem like AP/EAP is all that important to you.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of Model S owners are waiting for the AWD Model 3 to become available to order. So you can probably find some deals within the next 3 months.

Good luck.

Not sure if I understand the point of your post, or your intentions for sharing your thoughts (in a used car forum?) If the trade-off is not worth going used then I would encourage you to go ahead and place your order and get your car delivered by the end of Q2! I know for many people a $20,000 jump over 5 year loan for an extra $350 in monthly payment is not a reality, which is why they are using these forums. I think it has been repeatedly stated that the car is priced well within reason so if you have an offer I would love to hear it.

Also an interesting thought on location being the primary deterrent, had not considered that. I have said several interested in the midwest but everyone seems to be looking for one thing the car does not have, whether it is color of interior or a heated steering wheel. o_O It's an incredible car and I'm excited for its next owner!

To clarify one thing I have heard in a few messages, while I am not taking delivery on the Model X until last week of June I don't need to wait until then for transaction to happen. We are fine going to one car, which is what we did for 6 weeks while waiting for this one to arrive. And hey, if I end up owning 2 Teslas for awhile... not the worst problem to have. :D