Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 CPO Model S 85 vs. Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there Tesla hive-mind

Wife and I have been patiently waiting for our Australian Model 3 (anticipate mid 2019 availability), but our family has grown in that period of time and we've started keeping an eye on the CPO Model S options as well.

Saw this listing today, and it's the cheapest I've seen in months for a <3 year old Model S:
Used Inventory | Tesla

2015 Model S 85 | ~$93 000 after taxes | ~37 000km (~22 000 miles)

As we were looking at the LR Model 3, the price difference is not that significant, however I would be interested to hear some owner's thoughts on a couple things:

- Any real world issues with the rear-wheel drive versions of the S (as compared to the 'dual' and 'performance' models)?
- Listed range is ~500km, what should we realistically expect in a warm climate?

Cheers!

Wife and I have been patiently waiting for our Australian Model 3 (anticipate mid 2019 availability), but our family has grown in that period of time and we've started keeping an eye on the CPO Model S options as well.

Saw this listing today, and it's the cheapest I've seen in months for a <3 year old Model S:
Used Inventory | Tesla

As we were looking at the LR Model 3, the price difference is not that significant, however I would be interested to hear some owner's thoughts on a couple things:

- Any real world issues with the rear-wheel drive versions of the S (as compared to the 'dual' and 'performance' models)?
- Listed range is ~500km, what should we realistically expect in a warm climate?

Cheers!

Not sure if there are major differences between RHD S vs US versions. I’m at 92k miles (approx 140k km) on a 2013 rear wheel drive and had the drive motor replaced at 25k miles.

As for range I had 265 Miles when I first took delivery and it’s now around 250 Miles at over 4 years. (Granted the firmware has been upgraded several times and perhaps the algorithm hasn’t changed during that time.)

Used Inventory | Tesla

Cheers!
"Mid 2019" was all I needed to read. Buy the damn S now and thank me tomorrow. :)

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor