Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 First Hawaiian International Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! I went down there at around 1 pm after going into the work today. I was there with dsmith. The crowds around the Tesla booth was consistently busy. We answered a lot of questions. I got to see some of my coworkers and talked with them about the Tesla. Susan and Cheryl were hopping.
decided to go again on Sunday after seeing how swamped they were on Friday. of course I got in free again:biggrin: tickets? I don't need no stinkin' tickets.:eek: I had my Hawaii Tesla Motors club badge, but everyone still thought we worked for tesla. on guy asked about job openings, one girl said that she was looking forward to seeing me at the SC.:cool:too bad I don't know when she will be there:crying:. the crowd around the car finally died down about 7PM. my guess is that they closed the doors. that is the only thing that could keep them away. there were a few more people looking at all the cars on Sunday, but Tesla was still the only one that was shoulder to shoulder around the car.

decided to go again on Sunday after seeing how swamped they were on Friday. of course I got in free again:biggrin: tickets? I don't need no stinkin' tickets.:eek: I had my Hawaii Tesla Motors club badge, but everyone still thought we worked for tesla. on guy asked about job openings, one girl said that she was looking forward to seeing me at the SC.:cool:too bad I don't know when she will be there:crying:. the crowd around the car finally died down about 7PM. my guess is that they closed the doors. that is the only thing that could keep them away. there were a few more people looking at all the cars on Sunday, but Tesla was still the only one that was shoulder to shoulder around the car.

I was thanked by Susan for letting the Star Advertiser know about their booth at this year's event. Again, I can't say this enough. Tesla is the only car company I know that the owners go out and help out with events like this.

nanimac, so what did you get as a quote for potentially selling your MS? My wife wants to know. She brought it up to see what the resale value is. She is interested in the P85D, though I would probably opt for a S60 or S85 with the tech package.

I was thanked by Susan for letting the Star Advertiser know about their booth at this year's event. Again, I can't say this enough. Tesla is the only car company I know that the owners go out and help out with events like this.

nanimac, so what did you get as a quote for potentially selling your MS? My wife wants to know. She brought it up to see what the resale value is. She is interested in the P85D, though I would probably opt for a S60 or S85 with the tech package.

Was looking through the Advertiser car show pics PICS: First Hawaiian International Auto Show | Honolulu Street PulseHonolulu Street Pulse
and wondered why no Tesla pics...then figured because they could never really get a clear shot of the car since there were always so many people around it!!

I said I would sell it for $50K. I gave the lady a pretty good tour of my car at the auto show and she wants to look at it in the daytime so we'll see... Am aiming for an 85D if it sells...inventory car would be even better if I could find one. P85D is too much $$ :(

I will be tesla-less for a few months if I sell my car...not sure how i'll get through that...lol...maybe akikiki has some pointers!

Last edited:
I joined Dave and Tim on Sunday for a few hours at the car show and it was nonstop Tesla talk time. I was surprised by how many of the visitors were already very knowledgeable about Model S. Methinks the sales team will have a busy week ahead with test drives.

Nanimac, I too would be very interested in what you are offered for the car.

Was looking through the Advertiser car show pics PICS: First Hawaiian International Auto Show | Honolulu Street PulseHonolulu Street Pulse
and wondered why no Tesla pics...then figured because they could never really get a clear shot of the car since there were always so many people around it!!

I said I would sell it for $50K. I gave the lady a pretty good tour of my car at the auto show and she wants to look at it in the daytime so we'll see... Am aiming for an 85D if it sells...inventory car would be even better if I could find one. P85D is too much $$ :(

I will be tesla-less for a few months if I sell my car...not sure how i'll get through that...lol...maybe akikiki has some pointers!

nan, I spoke to the lady after she saw your car. I let her know it was a good deal.:scared:

I enjoyed the FH Auto show this year more than before. It was nice to sit with you MS owners and chat about stuff. What was a hoot was seeing all the people come gather around the RED 60 and ask questions about the car and Tesla. Some people on Friday told me that they had come to the Auto show just to see the Tesla. And the promoters didn't make it easy to find. The Tesla exhibit was hidden in the back left corner where the Antique Auto Club usually is.

I have to agree with you all. It was nice to be there, even though I could only stay about 2 hours. My wife wanted to drive Tessie, too. I could have come back to the show but then I would be driving her company car without the free EV parking.

Susan and the gang will be busy. nanimac, let me know if you get any hits on Craigslist. I recommend listing it for around $60K.

I have to agree with you all. It was nice to be there, even though I could only stay about 2 hours. My wife wanted to drive Tessie, too. I could have come back to the show but then I would be driving her company car without the free EV parking.

Susan and the gang will be busy. nanimac, let me know if you get any hits on Craigslist. I recommend listing it for around $60K.

nanimac, Don't forget to mention your service plan and extended warranty if you have that on your ads.

Agreed about the fun at the show. I didn't intend to stay so long, but at some points they really needed the help. Ended up being there from 3 pm - 9 p.m. and they would use me as props once in a while, like when Cheryl would get asked how often you need to charge she would point to me and say "How often do you have to charge?". And I loved that the parking was free! Ran into Luke there and he gave me his ticket to get in free so was going to go on Sunday, but didn't realize the wifey was off and she had other ideas.
I imagine next year will be even bigger with the Model X on display :smile: