TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2015 Model S 70D Lease Takeover (24 months)

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by secretinthesky, Apr 4, 2016.

1. secretinthesky

Hey guys,

New member on this forum. Love the community so far!

I am located in South Orange County, California. I am looking for someone to assume my lease through tesla financial. I have a 2015 Tesla Model S 70D with autopilot and summon. The lease will finish in two years (May 2018). It is 15,000 miles per year lease and the current odometer reading is 18,100 miles. So assuming I put 400 more miles on the car, the person I would assume the lease would have 26,500 miles for the two years remaining.

The only upgrade package this car has is the tech package, which includes the autopilot and summon features. It is the basic black exterior color, basic black seats, with piano black accents. Car well taken care of and registration current in California.

Obviously. I would prefer a local transfer, but not 100% necessary. Looking for $1,500 and to split the $500 transfer fee through Tesla financial.

I will post photos tomorrow, April 5. Looking to get this done by May 1, or May 15 at the worst.

Thanks! Adam

2. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

May I suggest that you post your monthly payment?

As for the $1500 -- I assume that is to offset your initial payment. May be a good idea to include what you paid at signing for comparison...

3. secretinthesky

Thank you very much, I feel like an idiot. My original down payment was approximately $7600. My payment including California State tax is $969 a month so approximately $891 without California state. Thanks for the help, it's been a long day :)

4. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Correct me if I'm misreading this. You are 3,500 miles over on the lease and want the person taking it over to pay you plus the full lease payment that is based on the original miles remaining?

5. secretinthesky

Correct. Thanks for your reply. I believe that you are right. I will just have the person pay the lease transfer fee only.

6. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

Don't let people bully you on here. Everyone has their opinion. I don't think it's unfair to ask for something to help offset the $7K+ you put down on it. This may be an attractive (and well timed) option for someone waiting for the M3 they just put a reservation in for. And to be able to walk away after 2 years.. there's also value in that.

7. secretinthesky

Thanks man! I am negotiable basically. Would love to get some money out and effectively its between 12k and 15k so I think it's an okay deal but appreciate it!

8. dbaskin31

dbaskin31 Member

Oh, if it were only blue...

Good luck!

9. Dilbagh

Dilbagh Member

What's the buyout price now and at the end of the lease?

10. secretinthesky

See attached images. Sorry for delay.

Attached Files:

11. secretinthesky

Residual value is $48,424 plus remaining lease payment ($23,263.44) = $71,687.44

12. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

Hi, I may be interested, although I'm in Ohio! Can you list the options other than autopilot please?

13. secretinthesky

The only "extra" option is the tech package (autopilot). All other "options" we're no cost additions. Thanks!

14. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

Cool, so only added cost options were autopilot and dual drive? Everything else is standard?

15. matrix4123

matrix4123 Member

Sorry, just read the original post, disregard my inability to read. :)

16. secretinthesky

No worries! This was actually after they changed the base from a 65 (single) where dual was an option to 70D where dual electric motors were standard. Hope this helps!

17. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

I just did the same thing (assume a short lease), for the same reason. I can choose what I want in two years and not be burdened with trying to get out of a car. This one sounds like a great asumption option.

18. ScottR

ScottR Member

Is this still available?

19. secretinthesky

Yes it is. 2 showings today but still available.

20. secretinthesky

If anyone wants to contact me directly, my phone number is 9492911207