Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 85 Software Update variation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is just me or all older Model S models with the MCU2 upgrade do not get the fully up software update? I still don't see any signs of the "Car Wash Mode" feature or "Disney Plus" and "Hulu" on my entertainment center.

It is just me or all older Model S models with the MCU2 upgrade do not get the fully up software update? I still don't see any signs of the "Car Wash Mode" feature or "Disney Plus" and "Hulu" on my entertainment center.
me too i have
2015 Model S 85D with infotainment upgrade and software version 2021.12.25.7
and didn't get Disney+ added to theater mode. Why wasn't Disney + added to updated $1600.00 infotainment theater

I have a 2015 Model S 85D with infotainment upgrade and software version 2021.12.25.7
There's your answer!

Disney+ comes with firmware version 2021.24.x, which is currently being deployed to the fleet. You'll eventually get it since you have MCU2, you just have to wait a little longer...

For future reference, you can check out all the release notes for all firmware versions here.

Last edited:
There's your answer!

Disney+ comes with firmware version 2021.24.x, which is currently being deployed to the fleet. You'll eventually get it since you have MCU2, you just have to wait a little longer...

For future reference, you can check out all the release notes for all firmware versions here.
Hi I'm new to this I have a 2014 Model S P85 with the upgraded MCU2 will this Disney update have the remote closing windows?? Seems strange that I can close the roof remotely but not the windows

will this update have the remote closing windows??
That is a very hot topic!

Aside from the new Palladium Model S/X and all Model 3/Y, no other Model S or X can roll up it's windows remotely. I'm not quite sure why...

I've read something to do with the window control modules not powered or communicating to the vehicle without a key present, (which sort of makes sense, as you can't roll up or down the windows when you unlock the car via the app, but you can when you unlock the car with the key, or until you enable Remote Start on the app).

I've read that a long time ago the ability to roll up the windows remotely was removed through a software update as some government regulator deemed it dangerous as the "remotely" part of the feature meant you don't actually have to be visually supervising the windows for obstructions such as a pet or a child that could get pinched, which doesn't make sense to me, as all the windows have pinch protection sensors.

I've read that some software line of code prevents the window motor from pulling power from the 12v battery during the vehicle's "sleep" state. Which doesn't make sense as the car can remotely lower the windows a bit to a "vent" state, but not roll them up again from that vent state or from any other lowered position.

Anyway, the thing is you are not alone, and it doesn't seem like a current or future software update will enable this feature. All 2012 to January 2021 built Model S and X can't remotely close the windows via the app or the key 😢, which would be a nice feature we would all highly appreciate.

I'm sure if you do a search around here you could find, either more confusing answers or a more precise response as to why we technically can't...

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteWi
I dont know why you all paid 2500 for the upgrade, i just bought a HDMI addition to the back up camera and i can use it even when i drive. I added a Firestick with a HDMI splitter to video to audio added an FM modulator and can hear the content through 88.3 fm or any station it has no signal.
Here is the link to were i bought it works great. lol 2500 , it only cost me 80 to install. :)

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi