Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 85D AP1, Black on Tan, 52k Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put money down on an inventory 100D, so I am selling my 85D. Absolutely love this car, only upgrading it because my new commute can use the extra range that the 100D offers me.

Here are the details:
2015 Tesla Model S
85D
Ultra High Fidelity
Cold Weather package
Autopilot Convenience features
Black Exterior
Tan Interior
Sunroof
Tires have less than 5k miles on them

Car has been detailed every week since I have owned it, and is immaculate inside and out. This car has never had a drink or food in it.

For full disclosure, the car has been in 3 accidents, and all 3 show up on the carfax. None of them were significant at all, and involved cosmetic damage. Panels have been replaced, and repainted for matching color. All 3 times it was handled by a certified Tesla body shop, and Tesla. The car is immaculate, and drives as perfect as the day I got it. The repairs were done perfectly.

I am asking $56k, looking for a fairly quick sale.

Please send me a direct message for any questions you may have.

Attachments

• IMG_1424_small.jpg
    IMG_1424_small.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1425_small.jpg
    IMG_1425_small.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1419_small.jpg
    IMG_1419_small.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1413_small.jpg
    IMG_1413_small.jpg
    790.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1329_small.jpg
    IMG_1329_small.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1326_small.jpg
    IMG_1326_small.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 189
Looking at available CPO's, this is about $20k less than anything available as a 'D' OR with AutoPilot.

I think one of the reasons for the price difference is the huge difference in mileage and options on the CPO 85D cars available compared to yours. In fact, most of the 85D cars Tesla has listed have less than 20k miles. The closest one to your miles is the one I linked below with almost 29k miles. It is $18k more than yours. But, there's a difference of 23,000 miles. Plus, the CPO cars come with a 4 year 50k warranty. Additionally, this particular car has the following options that your car doesn't:

Next Generation Seats ($ ???)
21" Grey Turbine Wheels ($4500)
Premium Interior and Lighting ($ ???)
Smart Air Suspension ($???)
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner

So, exactly how much is 23,000 miles ($.50 per mile - $11.5k ?), a 4 year, 50k warranty ($4200 I believe), and those 6 options worth? I don't know for sure, but I'd say much more than $18k. Plus factor in the value reduction of 3 accidents.

I believe you have a chance to get the $56k simply because some people may be able to afford $56k, but $74k is a stretch so they can get into a AP car for $56k. But, clearly the $74k car is a much better value. And I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying your car - I am only replying to the post you made comparing the price to CPO cars.

2015 85D 29k miles

• Funny
Reactions: Jay Hawk
I think one of the reasons for the price difference is the huge difference in mileage and options on the CPO 85D cars available compared to yours. In fact, most of the 85D cars Tesla has listed have less than 20k miles. The closest one to your miles is the one I linked below with almost 29k miles. It is $18k more than yours. But, there's a difference of 23,000 miles. Plus, the CPO cars come with a 4 year 50k warranty. Additionally, this particular car has the following options that your car doesn't:

Next Generation Seats ($ ???)
21" Grey Turbine Wheels ($4500)
Premium Interior and Lighting ($ ???)
Smart Air Suspension ($???)
Piano Black Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner

So, exactly how much is 23,000 miles ($.50 per mile - $11.5k ?), a 4 year, 50k warranty ($4200 I believe), and those 6 options worth? I don't know for sure, but I'd say much more than $18k. Plus factor in the value reduction of 3 accidents.

I believe you have a chance to get the $56k simply because some people may be able to afford $56k, but $74k is a stretch so they can get into a AP car for $56k. But, clearly the $74k car is a much better value. And I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying your car - I am only replying to the post you made comparing the price to CPO cars.

2015 85D 29k miles

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on value. Everyone also has different price points. My only purpose for comparison was to say this is an opportunity to get into an 85D WITH AutoPilot for far less than most options. Of course there are reasons for it, its up to everyone to decide if its worthwhile for them.

Reactions: 1 person
Hello!
Nice car!
Is it in late 2015 when the nose was changed on modelS?
Even a search didnt show me much of what premium interior lights do/are.
Are next gen seats that big of a deal?
Autopilot 1 is good now for lane assist but i think that feature will be obsoleted as the 2.0 extra sensors are mandatory for future software autonomous use. If i bought this i'd expect 12 years of luxury can and it'd probably do that but i imagine in a decade it may be so far behind tech : fast as it even already has changed.
i think if this was a P85D that itd be sold. Maybe to me.

For full disclosure, the car has been in 3 accidents, and all 3 show up on the carfax. None of them were significant at all, and involved cosmetic damage.

So the car was towed after an accident with "cosmetic damage". Not once, but twice.

12/14/2015 NJ
Police Report
RIGHT FRONT IMPACT COLLISION
ACCIDENT REPORTED (Case #:D010-2015-01507A)
VEHICLE WAS TOWED

04/13/2017 NJ
Police Report
RIGHT FRONT IMPACT COLLISION
ACCIDENT REPORTED (Case #:I-2017-007650)
AIR BAG DEPLOYED
VEHICLE WAS TOWED

Reactions: Krypto Kat
if there was significant damage, the car would have been totaled and had a salvage or rebuilt title, this car has a totally clean title. The car was repaired by a Tesla certified shop, and is as good as it was the day I got it. I'm telling everyone, someone is going to get a heck of a car at a price point they would not normally be able to get one at.

if there was significant damage, the car would have been totaled and had a salvage or rebuilt title, this car has a totally clean title. The car was repaired by a Tesla certified shop, and is as good as it was the day I got it. I'm telling everyone, someone is going to get a heck of a car at a price point they would not normally be able to get one at.

There's a huge gap between cosmetic damage and being totaled. Cosmetic damage would imply paint damage - I think most people reading this forum would agree with that.

And how exactly did you have THREE accidents? TBH, that gives people the indication that the car has been driven either recklessly or FAST.

And yes, I am interested in the car. Otherwise, I wouldn't be so involved with the details. But if I plan to spend in the neighborhood of $50k on a car, you can bet I will try to learn every detail about it.

Reactions: Bebop
There's a huge gap between cosmetic damage and being totaled. Cosmetic damage would imply paint damage - I think most people reading this forum would agree with that.

And how exactly did you have THREE accidents? TBH, that gives people the indication that the car has been driven either recklessly or FAST.

And yes, I am interested in the car. Otherwise, I wouldn't be so involved with the details. But if I plan to spend in the neighborhood of $50k on a car, you can bet I will try to learn every detail about it.

First off, I don't think you understand how easily an airbag can deploy if hit in the right spot. In addition, if a car has a flat tire, it is towed post accident, and that is what happened the two times it was towed.

Second off, not one of the 3 accidents was my fault at all. I had some bad luck. I have explained the accidents to those who have messaged me about them, and I have nothing to hide on this car at all. I'm happy to explain all 3 in detail.

Finally, if you were really interested in the car, it would have been considerate of you to message me with your concerns, rather than try to make me look like a dishonest person, and bash my car. I have absolutely nothing to hide, and have not tried to hide anything about this car ever. If the car doesn't sell, and Tesla doesn't give me a fair trade in, I will happily keep it and drive it, it is perfect in every way.

Last edited:
I see another CPO 85D got listed for $67,500. That's $11,500 difference, and includes a 4 year, 50k warranty, plus the additional options below. It wouldn't be fair to compare the accidents Cardguy's car has had since Tesla doesn't bother to provide car history for their cars. Their car could have been in accidents also, but there's no way to know.

2015 P85D CPO 49k miles
  1. 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  2. Black Next Generation Seats
  3. Carbon Fiber Décor
  4. Black Alcantara Headliner
  5. Premium Interior and Lighting
  6. Smart Air Suspension
compositor

I see another CPO 85D got listed for $67,500. That's $11,500 difference, and includes a 4 year, 50k warranty, plus the additional options below. It wouldn't be fair to compare the accidents Cardguy's car has had since Tesla doesn't bother to provide car history for their cars. Their car could have been in accidents also, but there's no way to know.

2015 P85D CPO 49k miles
  1. 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  2. Black Next Generation Seats
  3. Carbon Fiber Décor
  4. Black Alcantara Headliner
  5. Premium Interior and Lighting
  6. Smart Air Suspension
compositor

Wow, this is the perfect car for you! I would definitely buy this one if I were you. Good luck with your new car, enjoy it.

For a clean title car, accident or no, this price is incredible. I don't understand what everyone is getting hung up on. You look at it and if it's to your satisfaction you buy it. If it isn't you don't. It's not like he didn't mention the accidents in literally his first post.

No AP S85s are still fetching more than this.