Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S - MCU2 Upgrade - Controller help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently upgraded to MCU2 in my 2015 Model S. I’m loving all the features, but I can’t seem to connect any gaming controllers.
I’ve tried every controller I have, which are only PlayStation controllers. I’ve tried DS4 V1 and V2, and PS5 controllers and none of them do anything.

I’ve read online that I should connect to the front USB ports, but mine doesn’t have those. Am I doing something wrong? Is it because the car is 2015 and didn’t come with the MCU2 so it doesn’t support data transfer in the USB ports?
Is there a fix for this?

Thank you! Please help me!

I ordered it this afternoon. Do PS4 and Xbox controllers also not work for you?
Correct - both of those did not work for me either.
Note: the Logitech has a small switch on the bottom which needs to be in X position in order for it to work In the car. It is very easy to accidentally move it when putting it into the glovebox. I have done that on several occasions - the 1st time it took me a while to figure out why it stopped working.

Upvote 0
I have a 2017 MS with upgraded MCU and the Xbox One controllers work fine.

It only works on the front two USB ports since they transmit data and power. The others only do power. Do you have any ports that you can plug a USB drive in to play music from? It should work on that port.

Upvote 0
You don't have two ports under the center arm rest?

Attachments

• TMS USB ports.png
    TMS USB ports.png
    408.4 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm having a similar problem with a late 2017/ early 2018 with MCU1 and the last two controllers I've tried (Wired PS4 Controller and Zexrow Xbox 360 Wired Controller). Both are showing 'controller corrected' but don't seem to function with any of the games. Is this a limitation with MCU1 or should this actually work with something like the Logitech F310?

Upvote 0