Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S No power to Passenger Door windows and side mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having the same issue. Drivers side windows and doors no power. Tap the handle and the car lights up and passenger side presents (auto-present turned off). I have to get in and open from the inside window drop for opening door works. I checked fuses good. I unplug and reseat the first plug closest to the front in the drivers door it comes back up. Worked for 2 days. Reseated again and after an hour dead. I checked the cables and harnesses I see. I don't see any loose or broken. I'm not sure if its my module or maybe something else shorting making it shut down. I believe someone mentioned earlier that there was some sort of fuse in the controller. If that is the case the fuse would blow and the controller would not come back on. My guess is the controller itself at this point. Anyone else have this issue where it works when reseated then cuts out again?
Update: Opened controller, no signs of corrosion, shorting, or faulty caps?? I know they can fail with no signs but if there was a short that caused the issue usually there are signs of burning on the board. There are no fuses on the controller board.

Hi I have what seems to be the identical problem - after not driving the car for a few weeks, and a spell of cold weather the passenger side door handles front and rear don't present, the mirror doesn't fold, and the window controls don't operate.
Were you able to find a resolution ? thanks in advance.
Hi MatthewC. I have the same problem this morning - Identical, in fact on whole n/s (passenger)- door handles don't present, can't open from inside, windows don't work, mirror fails to adjust or fold. Did you get to the solution for yours?

Hi MatthewC. I have the same problem this morning - Identical, in fact on whole n/s (passenger)- door handles don't present, can't open from inside, windows don't work, mirror fails to adjust or fold. Did you get to the solution for yours?
When I had this issue, I ended up taking it to Tesla and they replaced the door controller module (DOOR CONTROLLERMODULE(1003101-00-E), it ended up costing me $655 (part was $355). Good luck.

Did he check any of the fuses ? it sounds like he shorted the fuse to the door mod

Did he check the fuses ? It sounds like he caused a short replacing the handle to the door module . If you had power before the repair then odds are he caused the other problem. The only other option was that the wire harness has an issue going to the door. Maybe a wire that broke but it seems unlikely that happened when he was working on the car. what model Tesla do you have and year ? I saw the fuse when they repaired mine and it was blown causing power lose to the whole right side of the car. Window, mirrors and handles all dead before they replaced the handle and fuse. All working fine now. Things dont sound right with his diagnoses if you ask me. Even if it has separate fuses the lose of power to that side means a broken wire(unlikely) or blown fuses. If he put a new door module in and it didnt work its not getting power period witch would mean blown fuse. how old is your car ?
Hi - do you remember or is there any info on your paperwork that talks about which fuse blew? I have the exact same problem. Went online and found diagrams for both fuse boxes (under frunk, passenger side kick panel) but none seem to match with losing all power to the passenger side. There are fuses for the window, for the door handle, etc but nothing that would indicate all components.

Thanks.

Hi - do you remember or is there any info on your paperwork that talks about which fuse blew? I have the exact same problem. Went online and found diagrams for both fuse boxes (under frunk, passenger side kick panel) but none seem to match with losing all power to the passenger side. There are fuses for the window, for the door handle, etc but nothing that would indicate all components.

Thanks.
An update: They replaced the drivers-side front door handle 'system' (updated from Gen1 to Gen3 with new handle and separate controller that now gets mounted to the door frame). The invoice showed no fuse or wire replacement.