Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S P85DL+, FUSC, Stinger VIP Extreme

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m confused I owned a 2015 P85D+ and the Performance Plus Suspension ended in April. After researching on here I noticed you post a lot about the +suspension. How could this possibly have it with a manufacturer date of May when non after April had it? And it seems like his code would be that of sas suspension. Please elaborate how you believe he had it on this S? Based on your other posts it seems impossible for this to have had Performance Plus Suspension which I also agree after owning a bunch of Tesla’s, mainly Model S’s was easily the best and most expensive S ever made if you don’t count the cost of more expensive 100 batteries. They used actual leather seats I believe Nappa leather back then plus the rear seats were the better ones. Did this have the better rear seats I didn’t see it pictured and if they we not than it definitely did not have + suspension. If it had the flat rear seats that exactly when the plus suspension ended and the rear seats changed

In the early days of Tesla (which the P85D certainly qualifies for), not every rule is written in stone. I trust that whitex confirmed the P+ suspension by looking at the air shocks for the FDSS labels. If not, he can explain how he came to this conclusion.

The April 30th cutoff for P+ is from the Tesla parts manual.
And it seems like his code would be that of sas suspension.

The SAS is a separate thing from the P+ suspension.

If it had the flat rear seats that exactly when the plus suspension ended and the rear seats changed

I'm not sure the two things (next gen seats and P+) are actually related -- that seems more coincidental.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitex
So I’m confused I owned a 2015 P85D+ and the Performance Plus Suspension ended in April. After researching on here I noticed you post a lot about the +suspension. How could this possibly have it with a manufacturer date of May when non after April had it? And it seems like his code would be that of sas suspension. Please elaborate how you believe he had it on this S?
I know I had it. I've owned 2 other regular SAS Model S's (2017 and 2018) at the same time as the 2015 P85DL+, the difference in suspension was impossible to miss (my wife for example preferred regular SAS). I guess it depended when you ordered it.. When I put in my order, Sport+ suspension was in the spec. When confirmed the order a couple of days later (there used to be a week "cool off period", if you wanted to confirm sooner you had to get teh store manager to do it) Model S packages have changed (if you search through here, I remember discussing the differences here, IIRC Tech Package with Autopilot also disappeared on that day), they told me I can get the new prices with new packages (and no Sport+ suspension), or confirm and get what I originally ordered. I chose the latter. I think that was on 4/7/2015 since my paperwork showed an "Accepted by customer on" date.

At delivery I confirmed that it did in fact have the Sport+ suspension (had one of the techs put the car on a lift and show me, I used to know a lot of the Tesla techs back then, also confirmed labels against information I found on this forum - sorry, couldn't find pictured from 8 years ago, had a different phone, probably lost). I was told that my car was probably one of the last cars with Sport+ that rolled off the assembly line. It made sense, since I confirmed my order on the day it was removed from the Design Studio.

Based on your other posts it seems impossible for this to have had Performance Plus Suspension which I also agree after owning a bunch of Tesla’s, mainly Model S’s was easily the best and most expensive S ever made if you don’t count the cost of more expensive 100 batteries.
I don't know what to tell you. Lots if inaccurate information out there, especially about Tesla production, especially back then. I also had one of the first folding mirror 2013 Model S. It was produced without it, but since it was added to design studio just as the car finished production, Tesla managed to retrofit the new mirrors onto my car before it left the factory (ordering experience was a lot more personal back in 2013). Back then, almost every car off the line was unique, Elon was proud of making production changed every 2 weeks, and with the number of possible option combinations (they used to be a'la carte) compared to production volume, most cars did not have many others like it.

They used actual leather seats I believe Nappa leather back then plus the rear seats were the better ones. Did this have the better rear seats I didn’t see it pictured and if they we not than it definitely did not have + suspension. If it had the flat rear seats that exactly when the plus suspension ended and the rear seats changed
I don't have the car anymore, but I still have the pictures I took for the online listing. Here are its rear seats:
1679198217999.png

PS> You probably know this, but the Ludicrous mode was a post production upgrade for P85D's which came few months later. That's the "L" in the P85DL+. Another fun fact, since you are researching this, you could order black calipers with P85D (which I did), that was also later removed and only red ones were available.

Last edited: