Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S P90DL, $42,800, 49K Miles, CPO 2 yr warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved this car a few days ago but I'm thinking of backing out. I'm open to transferring it to another buyer. Here are the details:

• P90DL
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Range Upgrade
  • Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
  • Sunroof
  • 19" Silver Cyclone Wheels
  • Black Next Generation Seats
  • Glossy Obeche Wood Décor
  • Black Headliner
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Power and Lighting Package
  • Autopilot with convenience features
  • Premium Upgrades Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Price $42,800 due (after deposit I already paid)
Miles: 49K
Warranty: 2 years or 51K miles
Carfax: clean, no accidents, 2 lease owners (one 3 year, one 1 year, possibly same owner as it's same city).
Condition: pictures show no damage

This is the cheapest P90DL ever listed from Tesla by $7K. Possibly the cheapest non-totaled P90DL ever.
f8aa1fc366f6465381e1de09fbcb3edb.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 5.45.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 5.45.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 5.45.48 PM.png

Reactions: playoutside
I reserved this car a few days ago but I'm thinking of backing out. I'm open to transferring it to another buyer. Here are the details:

• P90DL
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Range Upgrade
  • Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
  • Sunroof
  • 19" Silver Cyclone Wheels
  • Black Next Generation Seats
  • Glossy Obeche Wood Décor
  • Black Headliner
  • Ludicrous Mode
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Power and Lighting Package
  • Premium Upgrades Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Price $42,800 due (after deposit I already paid)
Miles: 49K
Warranty: 2 years or 51K miles
Carfax: clean, no accidents, 2 lease owners (one 3 year, one 1 year, possibly same owner as it's same city).
Condition: pictures show no damage

This is the cheapest P90DL ever listed from Tesla by $7K. Possibly the cheapest non-totaled P90DL ever.
View attachment 527730 View attachment 527729 View attachment 527728 View attachment 527727
Great time to be buying awful time to have to sale. Whenever Tesla used inventory starts climbing into the thousands watch out. It was happening last year and it started the free fall of their prices as well a their stock. I do understand that when you have an excessive amount of used inventory you have to lower the price to move inventory but Tesla takes it to another level. Be ready to see prices drop everyday until they sale and even will drop in price multiple times in a day when they have so much inventory which will continue long after this virus has passed unfortunately. Being a buyer is the perfect time. I know ba lot of people can’t wait till the plaid is released but I definitely think it will be pushed back which will help the owners who purchased a Tesla a few months ago potentially gain some of the value they have lost which will continue to get worse and worse before it get better. If Tesla only knew how much the dictate the value of their cars when they get desperate to move inventory and end causing the value to plummet Just like this time last year. Tough break when the stock was booming and prices were up from a year ago a few months ago for most models except The P100DL since they have had excess inventory for awhile now.

Great time to be buying awful time to have to sale. Whenever Tesla used inventory starts climbing into the thousands watch out. It was happening last year and it started the free fall of their prices as well a their stock. I do understand that when you have an excessive amount of used inventory you have to lower the price to move inventory but Tesla takes it to another level. Be ready to see prices drop everyday until they sale and even will drop in price multiple times in a day when they have so much inventory which will continue long after this virus has passed unfortunately. Being a buyer is the perfect time. I know ba lot of people can’t wait till the plaid is released but I definitely think it will be pushed back which will help the owners who purchased a Tesla a few months ago potentially gain some of the value they have lost which will continue to get worse and worse before it get better. If Tesla only knew how much the dictate the value of their cars when they get desperate to move inventory and end causing the value to plummet Just like this time last year. Tough break when the stock was booming and prices were up from a year ago a few months ago for most models except The P100DL since they have had excess inventory for awhile now.

Two house cleaning issues first:

1) this car is not a CPO as Tesla has discontinued the CPO program over a year ago. It's a used car being sold by Tesla. Nothing more. Nothing less.

2) the word is "sell" and not "sale" as you have used it.

What are you basing this opinion of Tesla used inventory climbing? Other than small spikes here and there that would barely show up in a 1-year line graph the Tesla used inventory (and from 3rd party sites like eBay, Cars.com, Craigslist, etc.) has been steady decreasing for over a year now. It's down to alarmingly low #'s in fact.

1) this car is not a CPO as Tesla has discontinued the CPO program over a year ago. It's a used car being sold by Tesla. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Yes . . . and no.

Technically, you are correct, Tesla doesn't do CPO anymore in the traditional sense.

You are, however, incorrect in the "nothing more" part. Used Tesla's sold directly by Tesla have substantially better warranty than if this car were sold through a 3rd party. There is an additional 2 years or 51k miles on things that would normally be about to fall out of warranty.

Reactions: StoXto3toY
Yes . . . and no.

Technically, you are correct, Tesla doesn't do CPO anymore in the traditional sense.

You are, however, incorrect in the "nothing more" part. Used Tesla's sold directly by Tesla have substantially better warranty than if this car were sold through a 3rd party. There is an additional 2 years or 51k miles on things that would normally be about to fall out of warranty.

I'm not incorrect because I didn't say that it didn't include a warranty. Everyone knows that. It wasn't a change made when they discontinued the CPO program so there's no reason to state it to avoid confusion since there was no change. Used cars sold by Tesla include a 4-year/50k warranty or a 2-year up to 100k on the odo bumper to bumper warranty which is an obvious pro. One not-so-obvious con is that they also strip Free Unlimited Supercharging for life and Free Premium Data for life if the car had it previously. So there's pros and cons but this isn't what the point of my post was. People are incorrectly referring to used cars sold by Tesla as CPO which they are not. Potential buyers see CPO and think that they're getting a car that meets a certain standard as far as cosmetic and history which is usually what a CPO program implies. Every time we use to term CPO to describe a used car that Tesla sells we're doing a disservice to the future members of this Tesla owner community who are trying to educate themselves to make the best decision possible before spending lots of money. Just call them what they are, used cars sold by Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: StoXto3toY
*On most cars.*

There are 82 used Model S and 191 Model X vehicles listed with FUSC and connectivity included. $55K+ for the MX and $62K+ Performance MS.
This for sale thread isn't the place for this discussion but on the select few that they include it it's for the new owner only & does not transfer with the car to the next owner. So... It's not the same as FUSC as we've all come to know it.

Wow that’s crazy. You had an agreement on price. I would dig deeper legally
Not worth the effort. There's no way that it will be worth any of the wasted time and effort in the end financially speaking. Plus, even if you do win, they're "punishment" is selling another car for a profit. Personally, I would buy a car elsewhere and refuse to reward poor behavior.