TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2015 Model S Parking Brake Pad?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by T3MTLCanada, Apr 1, 2020.

1. T3MTLCanada

T3MTLCanada Member

Hi,

There is 2 rear caliper. I took my car to a garage to have my tire change to summer and he told me the parking break pad need to be change.

Is there a parking brake pad?

If so, what is the model and where can I get another one to have it change ?

Thanks!

2. Siphant

Siphant Member

3. Barto

Barto New Member

Did you by chance find a hardware kit for the rear e brak pads? I am looking everywhere to no avail.

4. dark cloud

dark cloud Active Member

#4 dark cloud, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    I see you are in Montreal. The parking brake pads should never wear out in theory. They should only lock on and release when the car is stationary and should not be in contact with the rotor while it is moving unless they are corroded or extremely dirty from lack of maintenance/servicing.

don’t be surprised if they are seized and you need the whole parking brake calipers because the pins cannot be punched out.
    And it is a real bitch removing the plug the first time; a piece of electrical tape should be placed over the connection to keep crud out and make it easier next time.

they should be cleaned and lubed along with the regular brake calipers annually in climates with substantial winters where salt/magnesium or calcium chloride is applied on the roads.

edit: I see this is from April, did you end up getting this done? Did you do it or did you have a shop do it?

5. dark cloud

dark cloud Active Member