Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S unable to start messages.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, first time posting but been following for some time.

I own a 2015(production 12/15) Model S 70. Around 6 months ago, veh gave error messages after charging at the house on a level 2 charger. Was running fine when I parked it the night before.
* Unable to Start
* Supply voltage low
* Power reduced

I have done the following checks.

12 volt battery tested good. Replaced it anyway with no change.
It will never close the contactors for the HV battery. Inspected all fuses in fuse boxes as well as junction box and all ok. Bought the T-can software and was able to communicate with several modules but limited on data I can see. Found multiple codes for HVIL failure. checked voltage of HVIL circuit at safety disconnect to find 12v on circuit. Tested resistance at several different points throughout the circuit to test to the modules 60 ohm resistors and all appear to be good. Can not find much information on the operation of the HVIL, but what I have found, appears the BMS should be sending out 12 volts and dropping at the 4 known resistors and measures voltage which should be around 4.8V back at the HV battery. I am understanding this correctly?

Any help or documents on operation or diagnosis would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello all, first time posting but been following for some time.

I own a 2015(production 12/15) Model S 70. Around 6 months ago, veh gave error messages after charging at the house on a level 2 charger. Was running fine when I parked it the night before.
* Unable to Start
* Supply voltage low
* Power reduced

I have done the following checks.

12 volt battery tested good. Replaced it anyway with no change.
It will never close the contactors for the HV battery. Inspected all fuses in fuse boxes as well as junction box and all ok. Bought the T-can software and was able to communicate with several modules but limited on data I can see. Found multiple codes for HVIL failure. checked voltage of HVIL circuit at safety disconnect to find 12v on circuit. Tested resistance at several different points throughout the circuit to test to the modules 60 ohm resistors and all appear to be good. Can not find much information on the operation of the HVIL, but what I have found, appears the BMS should be sending out 12 volts and dropping at the 4 known resistors and measures voltage which should be around 4.8V back at the HV battery. I am understanding this correctly?

Any help or documents on operation or diagnosis would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
hi, did you get any help? i have same problem, HVIL loop is ok, AC compressor was faulty and i replace it, but still same errors...