Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S w/ christmas update 2021.44.25.2 issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the update yesterday and don't mind it except now I no longer can adjust my charge limit in the car. When I hit the lightning bolt up top it takes me to the new charging area in the menu and the battery screen is completely gone.

20211230_015127.jpg

Another interesting issue is the "Safety" screen now has a format USB option and tells me to insert a USB to enable dashcam. So far no USB that I inserted work. I didn't expect this option to work on an AP1 car. I think it is there bc I have MCU 2.
20211230_014200.jpg

In the charging mode the icon for set charge limit appears as a small car in the upper right; a bit too small to do fine adjustment as could previously be done. Also missing is 'Time Remaining' which I found quite valuable in determining what to do during charge wait.

Reactions: DProffitt
I received the update yesterday and don't mind it except now I no longer can adjust my charge limit in the car. When I hit the lightning bolt up top it takes me to the new charging area in the menu and the battery screen is completely gone.

View attachment 749946

Another interesting issue is the "Safety" screen now has a format USB option and tells me to insert a USB to enable dashcam. So far no USB that I inserted work. I didn't expect this option to work on an AP1 car. I think it is there bc I have MCU 2.
View attachment 749945
When you begin charging, it then appears under the Charging tab. It’s small and difficult to move but it’s there.

I have a 2015 85D with mcu2. I haven't fully explored all the new changes, but one thing I have noticed, the ventilation behaves differently. Maybe somebody else can confirm this.
I am finding the ac pump does not run intermittently to reduce cabin moisture in heat mode like previously. I preheat 10 minutes in a 8C heated garage, then into -7C drive to work. Cabin set to 21C. Windows start to fog up after 5 minutes of driving. I have never seen this before. I manually activate dehumidify for a few minutes, then the rest of the trip is fine. The ac cycling is pretty obvious on my car and can easily be tracked with driving. Any thoughts?

View attachment 749946

View attachment 749945
Think I'll skip this update until being able to easily set these parameters is fixed. BTW, why did this need fixing?