Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 MS 90D VS 2016.5 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to decide between two model years and styles of MS, besides the 30 extra miles, new nose, and center console if I was buying a CPO 2015 90D with Subzero Winter package, Smart Air Suspension and Ultra High fidelity what would the other differences be with a 2016.5 MS 90D would be? Beside the nearly $11,000.00 and year younger and extra year of battery warranty. Searching the internet is giving me no joy in finding this answer. Thank you.

If they are both 90D you should get more or less the same range. Why do you get 30 more miles with one of them? Battery degradation? I believe the easier way to get more details is to search which improvements came with the facelift. I believe Led adaptative lights and automatic charging port closing are two of them.

If they are both 90D you should get more or less the same range. Why do you get 30 more miles with one of them? Battery degradation? I believe the easier way to get more details is to search which improvements came with the facelift. I believe Led adaptative lights and automatic charging port closing are two of them.
On the Tesla CPO page it list the 2016 1/2 Model S 90D 5YJSA1E28GF142369 | Tesla as having 294 miles of range and a 2015 as having 265 miles of range.

The automatic closing charging port came before the refresh, my pre-refresh S85D has it. The refresh gives you a somewhat smaller frunk, even on RWD cars, but you get better cabin air filtration. The refresh gives you a more of a console between the front seats but you lose the openness of the original S interior. Some people like the original nosecone, others like the facelift front.

(personally I prefer the pre-refresh cars)

Bruce.

thank you everyone for your input, what I'm reading is besides some minor cosmetic difference on the inside that i have seen in videos, and the ones I have noted above, there isn't much else. Batteries getter better, chargers get better, etc. Thanks for your input.

Some people like the original nosecone, others like the facelift front.

(personally I prefer the pre-refresh cars)

Bruce.

On a funny note, my son calls the pre-refresh nose cone "Homer Simpson Mouth"... lol... "Hey dad, there's a Tesla with Homer Simpson mouth!"

latest