Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 MS door opens by itself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a 2015 S P90D. Recently my rear passenger side door has been acting strange. Anytime my door handles initially present, the handle goes fully to 100% and opens by itself. So any time I unlock the car or put it in park, the door keeps opening. Now if I close the door, it retracts the the standard, 90%. This is happing constantly. It’s dangerous and annoying. Anyone have any ideas? I know there’s a micro switch that it should not touch until opening manually but I don’t really know what I’m looking for or if it’s easy enough to try on my own.

I have a 2019 doing the same thing with the drivers door. Tesla wants $400 to replace the entire handle. I hafto lock the doors to keep it from opening itself... Should be a recall in my opinion.
got It fixed myself. I replaced the microchips (eBay for $30) and then backed the contact screw on the right side out (to the left) 2 turns (which was probably all I needed to do). Pretty easy once I figured it out.