Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 No + 12v in front to jump start?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been working on my EVOffer power frunk for my 2015 and noticed I have a bolt sticking up on the right side of the car for my ground/negative post, there is nothing at all for the positive side like I've seen in some youtube videos. So if my 12v dies somewhere I am SOTL?!

I brought my car in before warranty ended for the frunk latch not always unlocking the secondary latch, all they did was put 2 different kinds of very sticky grease on there. I noticed my lack of positive cable the first time I tried taking my nosecone off for installing my EZPass in there. But I didn't think anything of it.

Last edited:
Saw youtube video with + and - posts behind the nosecone, saw another "late 2015" (mine is Sep 2015) video saying the negative terminal post is what I see and the + post is accessed from the fuse box by the .... AFTER you somehow manually activate both primary and secondary latches to open the frunk from the removed nosecone. Why did they take away the + terminal....

Also my portable NOCO jump starter cables are not that long, I'll have to find a ground closer to the + terminal at the fusebox?

I've been working on my EVOffer power frunk for my 2015 and noticed I have a bolt sticking up on the right side of the car for my ground/negative post, there is nothing at all for the positive side like I've seen in some youtube videos. So if my 12v dies somewhere I am SOTL?!

I brought my car in before warranty ended for the frunk latch not always unlocking the secondary latch, all they did was put 2 different kinds of very sticky grease on there. I noticed my lack of positive cable the first time I tried taking my nosecone off for installing my EZPass in there. But I didn't think anything of it.
It was likely my video you watched of my 2013 MS.
Nosecone cars are easy, even without the bumper jump terminal. With nosecone off, you can use a screwdriver (dont need screwdriver, just easier) to pull the frunk release cable. Frunk pops open, jump terminals are by the fuse box under the plastic shield at the base of the windshield.

The dual motor cars also only have a single latch, and no " button " to push down likenthe video you shared. I also don't remember seeing an internal hood release on the right side passenger compartment but I'll look again in daylight tomorrow.

The dual motor cars also only have a single latch, and no " button " to push down likenthe video you shared. I also don't remember seeing an internal hood release on the right side passenger compartment but I'll look again in daylight tomorrow.
Internal hood release by the passenger foot well is gone. The Dual Motor cars do have a double latch, at least both of my current ones do.

And sorry, posted wrong video. After 10 years and over 2000 Tesla related videos, I get them mixed up.
I meant this one:
Sorry about video quality, these were some of my very first Tesla videos back in 2013. Back then, I literally took endless requests and did them in-between customers coming to my shop. Just to date the videos, my early stuff was recorded on a iPhone 4s.

Reactions: Gumball
I actually have the OEM red + post and there are the holes with thread on the metal front cross bar but I can’t find any wires that I can attach this cable to. I believe this is not advisable to just re-wire straight line to the 12V + terminal? Or it is that simple?