Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Outlook Tesla Motors geographical expansion of sales and service activities.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Outlook Tesla Motors geographical expansion of sales and service activit...

I don't know why Tesla would officially sanction what the Indonesian report describes. I think it may simply be private companies trying to garner publicity for their idea to resell Telsas in Indonesia, with no support from Tesla m

Last edited:
FWIW, I have asked repeatedly about potential for Brazil. There certainly would be a market for a few hundred per year in the cities of Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, among others. However, the infrastructure is spotty at best, the electrical grid, such as is may be, is a complete disaster and electric vehicles are most definitely not an idea the government supports. Thus, market or no market I expect Tesla will not come here. Frankly the vast majority of similar countries worldwide are unlikely tatgets for Tesla while highly attractive markets are clamouring for more product and The X and 3 are obviously top of mind, with infrastructure buildout oriented to the least difficult and most supportive countries. Any other policy would be unwise or just stupid. I wish it were otherwise but it is not. For countries with poor infrastructure ICE rules and will for decades. For Brazil specifically the government is deeply committed to ethanol, as it has been for decades. There is no prospect that that commitment will change anytime soon.

FWIW, I have asked repeatedly about potential for Brazil. There certainly would be a market for a few hundred per year in the cities of Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, among others. However, the infrastructure is spotty at best, the electrical grid, such as is may be, is a complete disaster and electric vehicles are most definitely not an idea the government supports. Thus, market or no market I expect Tesla will not come here. Frankly the vast majority of similar countries worldwide are unlikely tatgets for Tesla while highly attractive markets are clamouring for more product and The X and 3 are obviously top of mind, with infrastructure buildout oriented to the least difficult and most supportive countries. Any other policy would be unwise or just stupid. I wish it were otherwise but it is not. For countries with poor infrastructure ICE rules and will for decades. For Brazil specifically the government is deeply committed to ethanol, as it has been for decades. There is no prospect that that commitment will change anytime soon.
Longer term stationary storage comes into play. It's not enough to wait for reliable and efficient grids to get built. Microgrids can move in where the economics of utilities have failed for decades. The central device for a microgrid is intelligent energy storages. It can integrate energy from intermittent sources like solar and wind and provide power on demand. As the price of storage comes down it will be cheaper than diesel generators and approach the cost efficiency of large scale grids. I think a basic goal for Tesla is to replaces all ICE used for generating electricity with battery packs.

Imagine a Supercharger station that is fully selfsufficient, not tied to a grid. If Tesla can solve that, they can do much more anywhere on the planet.

Often we think of stationary storage as just something to sell to big utilities, but I think the real opportunities lie in going where people are underserved by utilities.

There is a company in my country stating they are "Official representatives (dealers) in Baltic States" (Latvia/Lithuania/Estonia - 3 European Union countries)
Here is their websites:

- http://teslabaltic.lv/
(The Tesla Baltic is under this company: http://vmobile.lv/ )

I met a guy on the street having bought Tesla from them, and I asked him - why this company is SELF MADE Official, and he said "yes yes they are.." but then I said I know Tesla is not doing this, but he still said "yeah, but they have some agreements, special prices, and so on, so they do something like that".

I am quite confused now. I am Tesla fan and also Tesla shareholder (small one), so I wanted to put this up here to get to know your thoughts, any insights, comments.
What do you think?

P.S.
I have sent message to David Holme who has his footage (
https://vimeo.com/97904493) in the companies web site, so I asked him if he has given any permission to use it like that.

There should be either here or on another thread updates regarding the energy storage products.
The expansion of markets it will sell into for storage probably be much quicker than for cars: There is no need for service centers, and they sell through third parties.

There is a company in my country stating they are "Official representatives (dealers) in Baltic States" (Latvia/Lithuania/Estonia - 3 European Union countries)
Here is their websites:

- http://teslabaltic.lv/
(The Tesla Baltic is under this company: http://vmobile.lv/ )

I met a guy on the street having bought Tesla from them, and I asked him - why this company is SELF MADE Official, and he said "yes yes they are.." but then I said I know Tesla is not doing this, but he still said "yeah, but they have some agreements, special prices, and so on, so they do something like that".

I am quite confused now. I am Tesla fan and also Tesla shareholder (small one), so I wanted to put this up here to get to know your thoughts, any insights, comments.
What do you think?

P.S.
I have sent message to David Holme who has his footage (
https://vimeo.com/97904493) in the companies web site, so I asked him if he has given any permission to use it like that.

This website is suspicious. Look at their line up of Model S. The have a P85 that the are calling dual motor and P85D, but then they have a P85D that they say is performace. I can't imagine that Tesla would tollerate such mixed up product discriptions. I would not trust this company.

This website is suspicious. Look at their line up of Model S. The have a P85 that the are calling dual motor and P85D, but then they have a P85D that they say is performace. I can't imagine that Tesla would tollerate such mixed up product discriptions. I would not trust this company.

Yes, I also see it suspicious. That is why I try to dig it in. Tesla is not answering me at all. And noone else cares about this. Looks like its just me here alone in my country.

Tesla should probably expand in markets where people can afford a 100k plus car and markets where a supercharger network isn't needed. Think of places that are on islands or have natural or political borders that prevent long distance driving.
ie: Tel Aviv, Dubai, Seoul, Taipei, Singapore, Jakarta, Bangkok, Kuala Lampur, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Doha etc.
Expanding into smaller sized cities in the US and EU won't dramatically increase demand. A single store in a large Asian city could easily generate a couple thousand additional sales annually.

It seems strange that Tesla doesn't have a presence in the largest luxury car markets(by city) like Dubai and Seoul. (#1 and #2 in the world for luxury cars over 100k)
Foreign automakers get plenty of mileage from luxury models-INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

The highest volume Bentley dealerships in the world are in Dubai and Seoul. I think Seoul is one of the largest markets for the S-Class in the world (top 5). Mercedes has 17 service centers and almost 30 showrooms just in Seoul.

Last edited: