Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P85D Lease Assumption: $700/ month + $3000 down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. I have a 2015 P85D lease I'm looking to have someone assume. The car is fully loaded with everything but air suspension and the 21 inch wheels. Payment is $700 a month ($767 with Cali tax). I'm looking for $3000 down.

Here's the catch: This is a really short lease. It's officially up in September of 2018, so another 10 months. The other catch is it doesn't have a ton of miles left on it, approximately 5500 and they charge you 25 cents for every mile you go over.

The good news is Tesla has been extending leases for 6 months (and adding the equivalent mileage with that). So it could potentially be a 16 month lease versus a 10 month.

The car currently has 21,200 miles on it out of a 26,400 allotment. Residual is $83,000 and some change. So definitely not worth it to buy but no Tesla lease is.

Details:

Color: White
Interior: Black Next Gen
Mileage: 21,200 out of 26,400 alotted
Monthly Payment: $700 + tax
Down Payment: $3000

Buyer is responsible for any transfer fees. I'll post pics if there's interest. Really not looking for a debate on the merits of the deal. So if you don't think it's fair that's fine, I totally get that. Nobody will take me up on it and you'll get the satisfaction of knowing you were right but please do it silently.

I will take the deal if you can get the car to me in Atlanta, GA 30047 area Decatur, GA service center 20 minutes away from me. I have a 2017 Jaguar XE 25T to trade if interested 14,750 miles fully loaded blue in color same as new tesla blue color I have only seen one other vehicle in this color range rover from the same dealership. $40,000 value. You name it the car has it.

I will take the deal if you can get the car to me in Atlanta, GA 30047 area Decatur, GA service center 20 minutes away from me. I have a 2017 Jaguar XE 25T to trade if interested 14,750 miles fully loaded blue in color same as new tesla blue color I have only seen one other vehicle in this color range rover from the same dealership. $40,000 value. You name it the car has it.

Autopilot? :D:D;)

Hey all. I have a 2015 P85D lease I'm looking to have someone assume. The car is fully loaded with everything but air suspension and the 21 inch wheels. Payment is $700 a month ($767 with Cali tax). I'm looking for $3000 down.

Here's the catch: This is a really short lease. It's officially up in September of 2018, so another 10 months. The other catch is it doesn't have a ton of miles left on it, approximately 5500 and they charge you 25 cents for every mile you go over.

The good news is Tesla has been extending leases for 6 months (and adding the equivalent mileage with that). So it could potentially be a 16 month lease versus a 10 month.

The car currently has 21,200 miles on it out of a 26,400 allotment. Residual is $83,000 and some change. So definitely not worth it to buy but no Tesla lease is.

Details:

Color: White
Interior: Black Next Gen
Mileage: 21,200 out of 26,400 alotted
Monthly Payment: $700 + tax
Down Payment: $3000

Buyer is responsible for any transfer fees. I'll post pics if there's interest. Really not looking for a debate on the merits of the deal. So if you don't think it's fair that's fine, I totally get that. Nobody will take me up on it and you'll get the satisfaction of knowing you were right but please do it silently.

Car is still available. Had a buyer. Had TWO buyers! :) But for whatever reason Tesla will tell you to pound sand if you try to have your lease transferred with less than 12 months left. I don't get it. They have every incentive to transfer it because then they get the Model 3 sale now and everyone knows a sale now is better than a potential sale in 10 months. Who knows what happens in 10 months. Oh well. I love the car so I won't suffer too bad.

Yeah, I am in the same boat. I am leasing a 2015 P90DL for $664/month. I thought at that price, it would be easy to get somebody to assume the lease when my Model 3 became available, which I imagine will be in a month or two. But it's a Tesla lease, and they won't let you transfer with less than a year remaining.

So, like you...I guess I will postpone my Model 3 purchase. Not that anybody will feel sorry for me as I drive my P90DL; it just seems odd.