TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor 2015 P85D Multi-color red...Get your popcorn ready because this one was a big project

Discussion in 'Florida' started by First Impression, Jun 15, 2015.

1. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    #1 First Impression, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    I was contacted by Mr J.C.G from Miami about his recently acquired Model S. He wanted me to perform our Ultimate New Car Prep which includes Single Step Correction, protective coating, PPF installation on the full front (full hood, fenders, mirrors, bumper, nose cone, headlights and fog lights) and 3M Crystalline. After learning about what his concerns, requirements and expectations were I then proceeded to recommend a list of options and services from which he could choose. We applied Gtechniq Crystal Serum protective coating (7yr warranty), installed Xpel/Suntek PPF on the front end, and tinted the car with 3M crystalline 70% all around including windshield.

Mr J.C.G informed me about some light body work that had been performed thru the Tesla store do to a small dent on the L.R quarter panel. These pictures will show why most body shops are just like prescription drugs. They take care of one issue while creating many others.

Inspection of the vehicle at arrival.

F.L door
    IMG_9765.jpg IMG_9766.jpg IMG_9764.jpg IMG_9752.jpg

R.L door
    IMG_9807.jpg IMG_9743.jpg IMG_9749.jpg IMG_9741.jpg IMG_9742.jpg

Body shop wetsanded the edge of the door jamb and failed to polish it back to its original condition
    IMG_9817.jpg View attachment 84204 IMG_9818.jpg

R. L quarter panel
    IMG_9811.jpg IMG_9757.jpg IMG_9762.jpg IMG_9755.jpg IMG_9754.jpg IMG_9794.jpg IMG_9798.jpg

Rear hatch - Tons of overspray back here. I wonder how they missed that
    IMG_9827.jpg IMG_9837.jpg IMG_9839.jpg IMG_9841.jpg IMG_9842.jpg IMG_9844.jpg IMG_9812.jpg

Lots of compound and wax left behind
    IMG_9849.jpg IMG_9838.jpg IMG_9794.jpg

R.R quarter
    IMG_9880.jpg

R.R door
    IMG_9879.jpg

R.F door
    IMG_9873.jpg IMG_9874.jpg

Let the fun begin
    Note: Due to the severe condition of this Tesla MS we were forced to perform a multiple step paint correction since the single step correction wouldn't remove the large amount of deeper scratches.

IMG_9829.jpg IMG_9835.jpg IMG_9854.jpg IMG_9792.jpg IMG_9820.jpg IMG_9824.jpg

I had to debadge the car in order to properly remove all of the over spray on the rear hatch.
    IMG_9848.jpg

Some 50/50 and before and after shots

IMG_9876.jpg IMG_9788.jpg IMG_9776.jpg IMG_9857.jpg IMG_9863.jpg IMG_9865.jpg IMG_9870.jpg IMG_9819.jpg IMG_9822.jpg

Transformation completed

IMG_9882.jpg IMG_9885.jpg IMG_9897.jpg IMG_9923.jpg IMG_9919.jpg IMG_9911.jpg IMG_9904.jpg IMG_9915.jpg IMG_9914.jpg IMG_9936.jpg IMG_9931.jpg IMG_9937.jpg IMG_9935.jpg IMG_9891.jpg IMG_9928.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this transformation as much as I enjoyed working on this car. If your Tesla doesn't look this good you need to contact me ASAP :smile:
    If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the high quality services we offer please, don't hesitate to contact me.

2. linkster

linkster Member

Ya'll posted an informative vid back in '13. After watching that vid and listening to your commentary, I decided that when I need any type of protection or correction that I would have you perform your magic. I am as fussy as they come and won't let a detailer nor SC wash our S. Great job! You rock!

3. green1

green1 Active Member

Wow, absolutely stunning.

When do you open your Canadian branch?

4. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

Or even a northern US branch?

Agreed, you do terrific work.

5. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

Probably when u can wear shorts and sandals year round like u can here. Am I right Pete? :wink:

Joking aside, that Model S looked horrible. That's dealership showroom floor condition right there (ask Btrflyl8e). I can't believe how many scratches and swirl marks. Mine didn't come with anywhere near that much. Amazing job Pete.

6. Norseman

Norseman Member

Soo, Tesla screwed it up and you fixed it?
    Fair enough, but I sure won't let a Tesla body shop touch anything except my wheel barrow if the
    above represents the best Tesla is able to do..?

What was the final bill ?

7. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I could look at your before and afters all day. It must be very satisfying to have those mad skills and transform a mess like that into such a beauty! Another incredible job!

Norseman, I doubt the owner would want the cost of that job posted here, suffice it to say you get what you pay for. If you check out Pete's website via the link in his signature, you can get an idea of the $ range.

8. First Impression

Thank you very much for your kind words Linkster. I'm looking forward to being of service to you in the near future

Travel arrangements could be made :wink:

Thank you Glenhurst. Travel arrangements could be made.

LOL Darren, you hit it righ on the head :biggrin:

Thank you Mrs, I do enjoy my hobbie aka job :smile:...I love the instant gratification it provides.

- - - Updated - - -

Norseman,
    New Teslas arrive pretty scratched from the factory, then you have the CS "detailer" who aren't MOST of the time trained on how to properly wash a car introduce a few more and to top it off like in this case, the vehicle had to go for body work repair at a Tesla chosen body shop which turned the car into a worst mess. All of it could've been avoided IF they had a qualified trained detailer (not a car wash guy) take care of the cars.

9. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Wow, I hate seeing cars in that condition, it's like a wounded animal.

Thank you for bringing it back to life!

10. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    This car is mine. I almost refused delivery but desire ruled that day. Then came a while worrying about whether the price could be justified. Finally, after looking at several alternatives I drove from Miami to Tampa to give my car to Pete. I can only say that the photos do not come close to the reality. Pete made a masterpiece of a horrible mess. Pete is a bargain principally because of his obsessive attention to detail.

That, and he also made himself a hero to my 19 year old carfetishist friend.

Thanks Pete,

J C

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

We are picking up our 2nd S next week. My expert detailer wanted me to have TM skip the pre-delivery detail. When I asked my DS about it, he sent me this Waiver:

Waiver of Pre-Delivery Detail (v20140411).jpg

I was a bit concerned--as was my detailer. We decided to let TM do their pre-delivery thing, and my detailer would carefully inspect and document any issues prior to doing his magic. YMMV,

12. RDuke

RDuke Member

Great work, Pete. Love the photos too. Just hope our new metallic blue Model S arrives in better shape than jbcarioca's!

Tampa SC arrival now scheduled for next week (fingers crossed). Will give you a call when the date is definite (we spoke on the phone a few days ago). Assume you're OK if Tesla's SC does their normal pre-delivery stuff?

Ron F.

13. First Impression

With that waiver, I would let their SC detailer do more harm than good to the car then have your car properly corrected and comeback with a bill to get refunded. I have yet to see a properly detailed Tesla come out of the SC. I usually find glue and wax left behind not to mention all of the scratches. I am always willing to come over to the Tesla store and inspect any new Tesla prior to delivery :wink:

14. JPP

JPP Active Member

Pete--that's the plan Joe Torbati and I have for next week...thx.

15. First Impression

Joe Torbati is a great guy and detailer. You're in good hands

16. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Pete - roughly how much lead time would you expect you would need for an appointment for a Basic New Car Prep in October/November? Seriously considering making the journey to Sarasota or Tampa when my car arrives. Also, do you usually work out the details with out-of-town people by email, or only after first inspection? Thanks!!

17. JPP

JPP Active Member

I know--he did my multi-coat red 2 years ago...he's well over 500 Model S to date...

18. First Impression

Thank you Ken

19. Bulldog Kyle

Bulldog Kyle Local Vendor - Mountain/Southwest

Eesh! Isn't this what they all look like though? So many great money shots Pete!

- - - Updated - - -

:biggrin: