Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P85D (w/ Ludicrous P85DL), Tesla CPO, Rear Facing Seats, All Options!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About This Vehicle:

This 2015 Tesla Model S P85D With Ludicrous+ Speed Upgrade; a RARE performance upgrade performed by Tesla For $7,500, dropping the 0-60mph time to 2.8 seconds. The current owner had it for 2 years. The vehicle runs great, is smoke-free, and was used for commuting 242 miles on the freeway round trip twice a week. Includes purple California HOV stickers; valid until Jan 1, 2023!

Seller’s Notes:

$136,570 MSRP… This fantastic fully optioned vehicle with a RARE Tesla performance upgrade has ALL available upgrades and options available at that time; listed below. I purchased this vehicle under the old Tesla used vehicle program, which included a 2-year manufacturer warranty, which was used a few times to fix known issues with these cars at $0 added cost at a Tesla Service Center.

The car is stunning and is incredible to drive. The pictures do not do the car or the color justice, nor does the camera capture the actual color. The red pops a lot more than most other red vehicles on the road; which is why many refer to it as “Tesla Red.”

Vehicle Details:

2015 Tesla Model S P85DL. Performance+ Ludicrous. Sacramento, California

Autopilot

AP-1
Autopilot with Convenience Features: Enables Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, Front Collision Warning and Lane Departure Avoidance.
* This version does not use Full Self-Driving.

Autopilot with convenience features

– Autosteer
– Adaptive Cruise Control
– Auto change lanes with turn signal
– Lane Departure Warning system
– Automatic emergency braking
– Blind Spot Warning system
– Autopark (self-parallel & perpendicular park)
– Summon (enter or exit parking spots without the driver)
– Parking Sensors

Options
85 kWh Performance Model S
All-Wheel Drive Dual Motor

= EXTERIOR
Red Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Turbine Wheels

= INTERIOR
Black Next Generation Seats
Glossy Obeche Wood Décor
White Alcantara Headliner

= PERFORMANCE

Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Ludicrous UPGRADE – 2.8 second 0-60mph

= CHARGING

Free Supercharging
Dual Chargers

= OPTIONS

Tech Package with Autopilot
Premium Interior Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Rear Facing Seats
Upgraded 4g LTE connectivity Module.

Clean History

This vehicle has a clean history verified by a third party.

Willing to accept a reduced best offer from a member of this forum since this forum has been very helpful to me during my ownership, as well as before I joined the "Tesla family."

The car is being elsewhere online sold for $47,250, . The vehicle is in good working condition. The vehicle is being sold because it is no longer needed for the 242 round trip commute it was originally purchased for. As an EXTREMELY FAST all-wheel-drive vehicle that reaches 0-60mph in 2.8 secs, it will be a joy to drive for the next owner.

20200805_152936.jpg
20200805_153805.jpg
20200805_153843.jpg
20201223_224825.jpg
20200805_160527.jpg

Original-Sticker.jpg
20201223_224825.jpg 20200805_145658.jpg 20200805_160836.jpg 20200805_153758.jpg 20200805_150319.jpg

Reactions: byeLT4
Private, I'm not a dealer.

I've personally driven and owned this vehicle for nearly 2yrs; I bought it directly from Tesla as a used CPO vehicle.

It was the first P85D with Ludicrous and all options that I had seen Tesla sell as a CPO after waiting/watching for months.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Does this have the Performance Plus Suspension? My suspicion is that it does making it even more rare with the Ludicrous. FWIW, I sold this same car (color combo and all) with the same options less the rear-facing seats that did NOT have Ludicrous for $5k more than the price you listed.

Also, of note, I replaced it with nearly the exact same car (tan interior instead of black this time) but WITH Ludicrous. The previous owner had the receipt for what he was charged to add Ludicrous and it was $10,000 plus being w/o the car for weeks while the upgrade was completed at the service center.

These cars (loaded P85DL+ w/lifetime options) are one of the true unicorns out there even though people throw that term around regularly for just about any old thing in the Tesla community for some odd reason. This is one of the best combinations of battery packs and options you could equip over the years. It's one of the most sought after combinations of Model S over the years they've been made considering what all they included.

If I were you I'd post an actual price MUCH higher than what you've suggested other examples are selling for and I wouldn't bother listing it on this forum. It's nothing but a bunch of trolls here and on the Facebook groups. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace (both free) and then Autotrader are the sites I've had the most luck with selling Tesla Model S cars. This forum is the absolute worst and staff doesn't seem to care to keep the marketplace from turning into a toxic wasteland that runs newer members off thinking this community is nothing but rude bullies. I'd post it for mid to upper $50's and let it ride. Ignore trolls and low-ballers. It may take some time to find the right buyer but someone who understands these cars and truly knows what they want is willing to pay more for something you don't see every day like most of the other clapped out jalopies or rebuilt turds and scams posted for sale the trolls compare to.

You've got a sweet car here and if your patient you'll find someone who agrees with it's worth.

Does this have the Performance Plus Suspension? My suspicion is that it does making it even more rare with the Ludicrous. FWIW, I sold this same car (color combo and all) with the same options less the rear-facing seats that did NOT have Ludicrous for $5k more than the price you listed.

Also, of note, I replaced it with nearly the exact same car (tan interior instead of black this time) but WITH Ludicrous. The previous owner had the receipt for what he was charged to add Ludicrous and it was $10,000 plus being w/o the car for weeks while the upgrade was completed at the service center.

These cars (loaded P85DL+ w/lifetime options) are one of the true unicorns out there even though people throw that term around regularly for just about any old thing in the Tesla community for some odd reason. This is one of the best combinations of battery packs and options you could equip over the years. It's one of the most sought after combinations of Model S over the years they've been made considering what all they included.

If I were you I'd post an actual price MUCH higher than what you've suggested other examples are selling for and I wouldn't bother listing it on this forum. It's nothing but a bunch of trolls here and on the Facebook groups. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace (both free) and then Autotrader are the sites I've had the most luck with selling Tesla Model S cars. This forum is the absolute worst and staff doesn't seem to care to keep the marketplace from turning into a toxic wasteland that runs newer members off thinking this community is nothing but rude bullies. I'd post it for mid to upper $50's and let it ride. Ignore trolls and low-ballers. It may take some time to find the right buyer but someone who understands these cars and truly knows what they want is willing to pay more for something you don't see every day like most of the other clapped out jalopies or rebuilt turds and scams posted for sale the trolls compare to.

You've got a sweet car here and if your patient you'll find someone who agrees with it's worth.

This car does have the Performance Plus suspension as I understand it. Otherwise, I'm glad to hear from yet another P85DL+ owner, and I appreciate your perspective.

As you've mentioned, the combination of options and upgrades for this vehicle were rare and hard to find as a Tesla used vehicle at the time of purchase 2yrs ago; in fact, I had been watching for more than 6 months for a spec like this nearly 2-3 years ago. Once I saw it on the Tesla website, I immediately put down the deposit to claim this vehicle.

I understand that the word "unicorn" is thrown around a lot, which is exactly why I haven't/didn't use it for this listing here. I figured that anyone that is aware of the options this vehicle has, many of which are becoming harder and harder (if not impossible) to find... let alone all on the same vehicle, would be able to see/value the car for themselves.

That said, I've loved every minute of owning this particular spec...

Finally, I appreciate your perspective on places I could sell and list the car... and fortunately, as you can see here, I've yet to deal with any "trolling." In fact, all interest that has been shown in the car both publicly and privately has been on the positive side, so I definitely appreciate that. Anyway, thanks again for your perspective... and now you've got me thinking I should just keep this vehicle since I've got a least a couple 100,000 miles more that I could get out of the beast.. hmm...

This car does have the Performance Plus suspension as I understand it. Otherwise, I'm glad to hear from yet another P85DL+ owner, and I appreciate your perspective.

As you've mentioned, the combination of options and upgrades for this vehicle were rare and hard to find as a Tesla used vehicle at the time of purchase 2yrs ago; in fact, I had been watching for more than 6 months for a spec like this nearly 2-3 years ago. Once I saw it on the Tesla website, I immediately put down the deposit to claim this vehicle.

I understand that the word "unicorn" is thrown around a lot, which is exactly why I haven't/didn't use it for this listing here. I figured that anyone that is aware of the options this vehicle has, many of which are becoming harder and harder (if not impossible) to find... let alone all on the same vehicle, would be able to see/value the car for themselves.

That said, I've loved every minute of owning this particular spec...

Finally, I appreciate your perspective on places I could sell and list the car... and fortunately, as you can see here, I've yet to deal with any "trolling." In fact, all interest that has been shown in the car both publicly and privately has been on the positive side, so I definitely appreciate that. Anyway, thanks again for your perspective... and now you've got me thinking I should just keep this vehicle since I've got a least a couple 100,000 miles more that I could get out of the beast.. hmm...
I'm not surprised that you have had positive feedback (so far) as it's a cool car.

I came across an opportunity to buy a P100DL for a good price earlier this year so I briefly entertained the idea of selling mine only to replace it with another newer one. That other deal disappeared and I'm kind of glad because I really like this vintage Model S since lots of the things they had back then aren't even an option now. I withdrew it and kept it and absolutely love owning it. I may consider it again someday but it would take a pretty exceptional P100DL deal to talk me off of it. Even then, I'd have to be alright with giving up some of the things I love about this car that wouldn't be on the newer version. I know they made some improvements as time progressed but some of the things they did away with are real head scratchers.

Best of luck with the sale!

I'm not surprised that you have had positive feedback (so far) as it's a cool car.

I came across an opportunity to buy a P100DL for a good price earlier this year so I briefly entertained the idea of selling mine only to replace it with another newer one. That other deal disappeared and I'm kind of glad because I really like this vintage Model S since lots of the things they had back then aren't even an option now. I withdrew it and kept it and absolutely love owning it. I may consider it again someday but it would take a pretty exceptional P100DL deal to talk me off of it. Even then, I'd have to be alright with giving up some of the things I love about this car that wouldn't be on the newer version. I know they made some improvements as time progressed but some of the things they did away with are real head scratchers.

Best of luck with the sale!

Yea... although I've seen "different" kinds of conversations start and maybe not end well in this for sale section and others on the forum, it's really been great connecting with different people that are either interested in this spec or are learning about it; regardless of their interest to purchase this particular vehicle.

Like you, I have considered getting a P100DL since this first Tesla purchase was supposed to be a proof of concept for me, but the one thing I cannot get over is the lack of a sunroof for newer Model S's with longer range; aside from slower charging speeds when using a 240v charger with more than 48amps, no rear facing seats, the suspension, and just yea... I get it.

Reactions: Ostrichsak
How many miles do you get on a full charge right now? does the car have any warranty left on it? a fellow member mentioned above the car comes with some lifetime perks, what are those perks?

1) Since max miles is calculated partially by how you drive on average, the max charge for me is usually 228-231 miles since I always drive with Ludicrous+ mode enabled... the least efficient but most enjoyable. :D When I used to make my commute, and drove in "chill mode"... 100% charges were 236-239. I havent charged to 100% in a while though since I haven't needed to.

2) The powertrain warranty (battery, the motors, etc) have about more 3 years with unlimited miles and the Tesla "bumper to bumper" warranty is good until February 2021.

3) The lifetime perks it has is free supercharging and free connectivity.

Let me know if you have other questions...

The vehicle is no longer available for purchase.

Anyone still looking for a P85DL+, if you can get your hands on one... they're AMAZING vehicles, HIGHLY recommended!
I had mine for sale briefly last year too before I regained my sanity and withdrew it also. I'm glad I did and I love driving it every time I get behind the wheel. IMO this vehicle may be the pinnacle of Tesla before they started shifting focus to consolidation for cost purposes. Enjoy it!