Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P85D with Insane mode, new tires, very fun to drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 P85D with everything including AutoPilot 1 EXCEPT winter package and rear facing seats. Smart Air Suspension, Premium interior, tech package update, premium audio, etc. Note, this has Insane mode and not Ludicrous. I put new all season Pirelli tires on it two weeks ago. Car has tan seats, midnight metallic Gray exterior with Colorado legal window tinting. I also put an eco lift 2" hitch on it for bike racks.

I bought it CPO in July 2017 from Tesla. Has 47,048 miles as of writing this. The bumper to bumper warranty has about 22,000 miles left on it, and then battery and drive train have 7 years left.

It has been garage kept other than while on the road. I have had 2 door handles replaced and a USB port by Tesla mobile service. There are some very minor rock chips on the hood which I have repaired with Tesla paint kit, another application might be good but not necessary. Seats are in pristine condition as well as the rest of the interior.

Car has free unlimited supercharging and free data connection for slacker/tunein radio and maps.

Asking US$64,000 for it. Transitioning to a Model X and don't need two vehicles. Car is in Grand Junction, Colorado.

exterior9.JPG
exterior3.JPG
exterior2.JPG

interior1.JPG
interior5.JPG

Attachments

• exterior1.JPG
    exterior1.JPG
    560.6 KB · Views: 77
  • exterior4.JPG
    exterior4.JPG
    614.1 KB · Views: 60
  • exterior5.JPG
    exterior5.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 58
  • exterior6.JPG
    exterior6.JPG
    396.9 KB · Views: 61
  • exterior7.JPG
    exterior7.JPG
    499.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Props for listening to Gorilla Biscuits !

I booked Youth of Today's first nationwide tour back in 1987.

Maybe I should add my 1996 15-Passenger Ford Clubwagon to my sig line...

Good luck with the sale.

haha. I have some steady NYC hardcore in rotation for my son to learn what it is. I thought it was funny to see when I took that picture and so left it in to see if anyone noticed it. Fun to learn of someone with that history behind them.

Reactions: DeedWest and Fiver
Why do you think they aren’t selling?

If a car has not sold in a few weeks or a month it is usually because it is priced too high compared to what the market is willing to pay. I looked up SOLD listings of P85Ds and the pricing is all over the place from the early 50s to late 60s for most listings.

Having said that, this is a beautiful car and is reasonably priced. They are selling CPO P85Ds around $60K every now and then but the condition is questionable and this car looks like it is in great shape.

Anyone looking to buy a P85D should at least make an offer!

OP: GLWS You have a beautiful car!

If a car has not sold in a few weeks or a month it is usually because it is priced too high compared to what the market is willing to pay. I looked up SOLD listings of P85Ds and the pricing is all over the place from the early 50s to late 60s for most listings.

Having said that, this is a beautiful car and is reasonably priced. They are selling CPO P85Ds around $60K every now and then but the condition is questionable and this car looks like it is in great shape.

Anyone looking to buy a P85D should at least make an offer!

OP: GLWS You have a beautiful car!

I think he's right. We're actually looking into buying a used p85d or p90d CPO. And we're going to patiently wait for the price to get close to 50K. Already tesla has them down to around 60K and they tend to sell (based off of my casual observation) around 57k-60k (without ludicrous). These are one owner when OP you're (at least) the second owner.
I'd make you an offer but I've learned that people tend to be a little emotionally attached to their car and feel insulted when given offers they deem below their dignity. So after you've gotten a trade in offer from tesla if you want to post back , assuming we haven't bought a car by then.
Like everyone else says your car is beautiful!

I think he's right. We're actually looking into buying a used p85d or p90d CPO. And we're going to patiently wait for the price to get close to 50K. Already tesla has them down to around 60K and they tend to sell (based off of my casual observation) around 57k-60k (without ludicrous). These are one owner when OP you're (at least) the second owner.
I'd make you an offer but I've learned that people tend to be a little emotionally attached to their car and feel insulted when given offers they deem below their dignity. So after you've gotten a trade in offer from tesla if you want to post back , assuming we haven't bought a car by then.

I am also looking for a P85D for 50k or close to it. There are many P85D for sale in the low 60’s but they aren’t moving.

It will be a while before they get that low and if one does you will most likely not want it.

I would give it a few months to early 2019 for some P85Ds to hit around 50. I've already seen single owner P85Ds in great condition without CarFax issues for the mid 50s. The OP's car is offered at $61K but even at that price, the P85Ds are still likely depreciating by about $1,000 each month, so a $50K P85D is less than 10 months away.

I would give it a few months to early 2019 for some P85Ds to hit around 50. I've already seen single owner P85Ds in great condition without CarFax issues for the mid 50s. The OP's car is offered at $61K but even at that price, the P85Ds are still likely depreciating by about $1,000 each month, so a $50K P85D is less than 10 months away.

by the time P85Ds touch low 50s, they will be out of the 4 year CPO warranty range (i.e. over 4 years old) and likely will be older cars with greater mileage. The P85Ds with plus suspension are approaching the end of CPO 4 year warranty stage - none will have 4 year cpo warranty after april 2019 since the last one was built in apr 2019.

by the time P85Ds touch low 50s, they will be out of the 4 year CPO warranty range (i.e. over 4 years old) and likely will be older cars with greater mileage. The P85Ds with plus suspension are approaching the end of CPO 4 year warranty stage - none will have 4 year cpo warranty after april 2019 since the last one was built in apr 2019.

I've seen P85Ds in great condition for around $54K already.

I think the Model 3PD really caused many people to instead buy a brand new Model 3 performance and I bet some of those people would have otherwise bought a P85D for the same money.

Tesla received 1,124 new Model 3 Performance orders in just two weeks. A bunch of those orders are customers who are no longer looking to buy a P85D.

Last edited:

Just make a private message offer to the OP since you are in the market to buy a P85D. Perhaps you both can reach a reasonable understanding.

The worst that can happen is that he'll say no...