Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P90DL CPO question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a originally CPO P90DL Model S. Warranty expires in a week. I love the car, white exterior, grey interior, carbon fiber upgraded Tegra MCU To Intel MCU and the unlimited lifetime supercharging but my family has grown and looking at the X or a hybrid SUV.
My question is do I sell it now with 69k miles and a few weeks left on warranty or extend warranty via Tesla for 2 more years(I have seen quotes of 2k+ online). From my understanding supercharging is not transferable. Car is in almost perfect condition and I have seen them sell for 50k+. My heart says keep it but my brain is telling me might be a good time to sell with the gas prices still high.

My understanding is that free supercharging transfers with the up to something like March 2017. I have a 2017 MS 75D that I considered selling last year. I had a buyer who backed out when we discovered that my car which was bought in Aug 2017 was not eligible for free supercharging transfer. So we decided to keep it as a second car when I bought my new Model S this year. We now drive only Teslas😁

See if your option codes are SC01 instead of SC04 or SC05. SC01 is free lifetime unlimited TRANSFERRABLE supercharging. Just got a 2015 with this in October, i set up a tesla account, then the seller transferred it to me in the app, while payment was clearing escrow (was an eBay buy). Mine was former CPO too so the warranty expires soon for me as well (it's at the service center today actually). It depends when it was purchased as a CPO since at some point they took this away from the pre 2017 cars too.

Codes: Tesla option codes

The week or two of warranty you give someone isn't going to add much value, you're counting on an instant sale and something going wrong for them right away for that to matter - takes a few days to get service appointment too.

The added value is anything YOU replaced recently under warranty :) so find things to have them look at and fix while you can.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Since you're buying and selling something that is in high demand, any benefit you gain by selling now is also offset by the higher price of another Tesla. If the S no longer fits your family, why would you keep it?

Also, just how much do you supercharge? I've only spent $323.84 supercharging over the last 38 months and 37k miles. It just doesn't seem like free supercharging is all that valuable to me. I think you're also looking around mid $40k for your car, maybe upper $40k if someone finds value in the facelift.