Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Q2 Discussion thread for Delivery numbers, Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious about power wall sales as well. I submitted my request the day of the announcement and still haven't received an email or phone call. Stating they received "x orders" is misleading if tesla is counting people like me.

They have to to be already in production or very near initial production on orders if Solarcity has stated they will start powerwall installs in October, start of Q4. My impression is tesla already has "pre-sold" the initial powerwall production target to Solarcity select "new pv customers" in California. I think we should hear Elon talk about how production ramp is going on powerwall&powerpack, and if positive, think he might mention 2016 ramp up magnitude as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven´t seen it - do you have a link? Thanks.

This could be Teslas Model 3 double-sided mockup - SlashGear

there is a cover over it, but if you look closely you can see a little bit of a homage to that iconic Austin Martin grill.

I was looking at the commodity price graphs for the metals that Tesla uses in its production... cobalt and lithium have remained more or less the same over the last year, but copper, steel, aluminium and nickel have all been in a noticeable, significant decline:

1 Year Nickel Prices and Nickel Price Charts - InvestmentMine

1 Year Copper Prices and Copper Price Charts - InvestmentMine

1 Year Aluminum Prices and Aluminum Price Charts - InvestmentMine

I concede that my research isn't that comprehensive or scientific, and Panasonic's costs play a factor in how much Tesla pays for 18650's.

But... these cost declines cannot be in Tesla's projections. The markets for metals could go anywhere... down or up. Does anyone agree that the price declines must surely help TM's gross margin?

there is a cover over it, but if you look closely you can see a little bit of a homage to that iconic Austin Martin grill.

The Model S is a basic Aston Martin silhouette with Tesla's signature nose cone.

I wonder what Aston Martin CEO and EV enthusiast Andy Palmer thinks of Tesla using an Aston Martin silhouette plus Aston Martin front fascia for the Model 3?

BTW What is this Austin Martin you speak of ? ;)

"Is selling to ride sharing services a real business opportunity or will you just eliminate the middle man and sell autonomous electric mobility directly to customers."

Elon " That is an insightful question. It is best I don't answer that question."

"Is selling to ride sharing services a real business opportunity or will you just eliminate the middle man and sell autonomous electric mobility directly to customers."

Elon " That is an insightful question. It is best I don't answer that question."

They have to be years away from the concept of a self driving taxi with no driver. I don't think the public is ready for that for a while. Autopilot is driver assistance not driver replacement.

It's been nearly a year since they announced autopilot, and yet no one seems to understand that autopilot =/= autonomous driving? I swear, we had several questions at the shareholder meeting about it, and now this GS guy comes along asking this.

*sigh*