Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 S… no trunk/cargo lights (is harness there?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2015 P85D does not have the two lights inside the cargo area (insane to me).

I can see where the carpet has the cut outs to put them, but I was wondering if the harness is back there? Has anybody added these in?

I kind of tried to pull the carpet back a little bit, but I guess I need to watch a YouTube video first to see how to do it.

You should be able to find the wire harnesses taped or clipped closer to inside of the fenders. Try pulling back the rigid internal pieces on each side to find the wires, which you will then feed back down to lower section below trunk lid. Abstract Ocean sells some nice lighting upgrades.

This video is a bit rough but shows location of wires and how to access.

Last edited:
Yes it's there - buy some brighter lights and plug them in, it makes a huge difference. You can also do the puddle lights in the rear doors and upgrade all the existing lights. well worth it! I have recently done it for my 2014 S 85. Check Youtube for some videos as they will tell you where/how the lighting harnesses are taped up, they're nearby but the one on the chargeport side is up by the chargeport and not very obvious.

OK, I just finished the upgrade and it was pretty easy. The harness on the left side is quite a bit longer of a harness, therefore it’s tucked further back closer to the backside of the wheel well. But on the right side, the harness is quite a bit shorter and therefore closer to the little punch out location. I made a YouTube video if it helps anybody…

Reactions: SoCal Buzz