TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2015 S85D - Dead-Doesnt drive- Both screens off....

Discussion in 'Model S' started by shadowinstallz, Jul 23, 2018.

1. shadowinstallz

2015 S85D approx 80k miles.

Walked out this morning after seeing a random msg from the Tesla App saying to charge my battery that the charge is low. Had approx 190+ miles since last night. Went to load the car and car unlocks etc, all doors open, trunk, frunk lights blink , but both screens completely dead, wont turn on. First instinct was to "reboot with the steering wheel controls" no go.

next step, i thoguht the 12v was completely dead. popped off the facade panel checked with DMM and it was 11.8, eh....so i charge it to 12.3 etc while on the phone with Tesla. No go...they said its main battery pack issue before i even told them i hooked the 12v up and they want it towed. Was going to run an extension cord for 120v, but the rep said dont bother. Must be serious....

Just wondering if any similar situation happened out there. I did a quick search but didnt really find anything similar.

Problem now is i have a Ford Suv Loaner Gas Guzzler.....smh

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Tesla doesn’t have 85 packs anymore so hopefully u come back as a 90D ;)...there was actually a post somewhere here where users pack went out and they gave him larger one ...

• Like x 1
  3. shadowinstallz

Yea ive read that as well....just curious if there are more issues than just the hv batt since all the other cars that had pack replacements didnt have dead screens like mine from my forum search.

• Helpful x 1
  4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Dunno maybe u also have 12v issue I know u said u tested but if no power on screens ???

5. shadowinstallz

Yea...very weird. It is possible. But tesla rep on the phone specifically told me its not 12 volt related as i wouldve easily swapped out the battery if needed, but they could be wrong. Maybe its a combination of hv battery and dc to dc converter and 12v. I guess ill find out tomorrow or during the week.

6. TM Parts

TM Parts Supporting Member

Tesla rep doesn't know what he's talking about. You can literally remove the battery pack and the screens will still come on.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. shadowinstallz

Just got msg...."new" 85 battery on order. I asked about the 90 and they said those were one off situations where the 8 k batteries were not available for over a month so those customers got 90k. Probably going to get a refurb, hopefully the range is the same i had,

8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

9. shadowinstallz

yea....really thought i was getting a 90....smh

• Love x 1
  10. shadowinstallz

Update: received "new" 85kwh pack about 2 weeks ago. Full Charge was 267 first night....did another full charge last week and got 270. 90% has been 243/244 . pretty happy. pn: 1088815-01-F

• Like x 1