Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 S85D NextGen backseat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

In 2015, when I was looking to buy a S85D, I really wanted the NextGen seats, front and back row. At 1st, it was only available for P85D. And then, available to all! :)

Last year, I had issues with my backseat and Tesla agreed to change it under warranty. Unfortunately, even after giving many warnings about the NextGen seats VS standard one, Service Center installed the wrong version!! After many months, last January, my Service Center swapped the backseat again... with.... guess what.... wrong version again!!

Last week, Service Manager called me and told me that the NextGen backseat was not available anymore. Only solution was the standard version...

I'm not happy about the situation.

Any help??

Thank you!
Christian
Montréal-Canada

I have front seat nextgen and back seat gen 1.5 (which i think became the standard config in my 2015 85D). No complaints from the folks sitting in back so I’m fine with it. Also the lack of bolsters all over it makes it easy for passengers to spread out a bit.

Hi!

In 2015, when I was looking to buy a S85D, I really wanted the NextGen seats, front and back row. At 1st, it was only available for P85D. And then, available to all! :)

Last year, I had issues with my backseat and Tesla agreed to change it under warranty. Unfortunately, even after giving many warnings about the NextGen seats VS standard one, Service Center installed the wrong version!! After many months, last January, my Service Center swapped the backseat again... with.... guess what.... wrong version again!!

Last week, Service Manager called me and told me that the NextGen backseat was not available anymore. Only solution was the standard version...

I'm not happy about the situation.

Any help??

Thank you!
Christian
Montréal-Canada

You’re probably out of luck as these weren’t produced very long but I would raise hell about it.

I have them in the back of my P85D. At the time of purchase there was no way I was going with the bench they started stuffing in the back. It looks absolutely horrible.