Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Telsa P85D, Rock Hill, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are planning on purchasing another Tesla. Trade-in will allow you to subtract that value of your current car from the sale price of the new car. Depending on your state's sales tax on new vehicles that would likely save you $4.5-$7k in taxes. Keep that in mind when comparing trade-in versus a private sale.

Personally, I prefer to give someone else a shot at the car before trading into a dealership that is going to add another $10k to the price of the car. However, it is an option if the bids just are not there.

Why didn't you just trade it in?

Assuming you are going for another car brand, they would be willing to take on your car as well... Did you try other dealers and Vroom and CarMax?

To Bargo, South Carolina has a straight up $300 max vehicle sales tax so all that state sales tax and trade-in savings don't matter in SC.

Tesla offered me 81K on a trade, so I think I am well within specs. I wouldn't ever sale my vehicle on eBay, but I would consider 88K if offered. I think I appreciate your post but I don't really get it. I have the NADA pricing posted. I don't need to sale it just thinking about going to AP 2.0 and ludicrous. Thanks
Don't knock eBay until you try it. I sold my previous Tesla on eBay for $10k more than Tesla offered me for it.