Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla Model P85D -- Pearl White, FULL LOADED, Full Xpel, 3M Tints + more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P85D are already starting to show up as CPO cars. There is currently one P85D available for CPO purchase. It is completely loaded and is being offered for $119,000 Canadian dollars which amounts to about $96,000 USD. As the Model X date approaches there will likely be additional P85D CPO cars available and I think $130K is a bit on the high side for a used P85D considering a new one might cost less when the rebates are factored in.

At the end of the day the CPO market will set the pricing for these cars and based on the listing below the price set for a used P85D is in the mid 90s. If I were the OP, I would try to sell the car sooner rather than later at a realistic price rather than wait for and have to compete with additional CPO P85D vehicles.

http://www.teslamotors.com//en_CA/models/preowned/p65787

:) Soon.

I am surprised so few P85D for sale.

That car new is $124,750+1200-7500-state incentives=118450.
Tesla wants 112900 ~ a break of $5500.
IMO you are better off picking up an inventory P85D rather than, that particular CPO.

I really feel if you can wait until the end of the year, you'll find some fab. deals on D's.
.. but then you're waiting till the end of the year, and life is short, time is ticking by.
You have only so many non senile years left to enjoy these things. :)

Awesome car. If the price were lower, I would be interested as well. These fancy autos depreciate a bunch in the beginning. Folks just don't understand that.

I guess I will wait until the end of the year, for the prices to come down.

(I sold a P85+ in 2013 after only 5 months of ownership. I had to take a 20K hit with only 2K miles. I also don't get how people can drive a car for 5K and think they will not take a hit)

Last edited:
Awesome car. If the price were lower, I would be interested as well. These fancy autos depreciate a bunch in the beginning. Folks just don't understand that.

I guess I will wait until the end of the year, for the prices to come down.

(I sold a P85+ in 2013 after only 5 months of ownership. I had to take a 20K hit with only 2K miles. I also don't get how people can drive a car for 5K and think they will not take a hit)

Well this car would have been sold if it was October, November 2014 when it was launched. There is a small market out there that cannot wait to order and must have the car right away. But now its about 10 months and with the increasing number of inventory vehicles, it would be difficult. I have seen inventory vehicles with just 200, 300 miles.

There's also this comment from another member in another thread. Just putting this out there.

...for what it's worth, last week I was speaking with the sales rep that I purchased my CPO from. We were in the process of getting an acquaintance into his own CPO and he mentioned how they were running into issues selling white model S' and wouldn't be surprised if they began discounting them more aggressively than the others.

I have been driving for 2 days. It doesn't look like there is a need to ever use the INSANE mode other than for entertainment. I think the S85D is probably the practical choice.

Congratulations, Insane, on your "new" Tesla. I thought you would be forever discouraging others on this forum for trying to sell their for what they felt was a good price. With all the research you did, there were times you offered sage advice but many times you just sounded bitter. It is nice to know that you have finally "drunk the koolaid" and are now part of the family. Now maybe you will quit calling others "stupid" for voicing what they believed (albeit, in some cases, thinking with their heart more than their head) was right.