Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla Model S 85D $62,000 - San Ramon, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Tesla Model S 85D w/Auto-pilot. Bought through Tesla’s CPO program in May of 2017. Car is in like-new condition and charges to its original 270 mile capacity. It still has a little over 3 years and 35,000 miles left on the bumper to bumper CPO warranty and 7 years/infinite miles on the battery and motors. I’m selling it because I recently bought a motorhome and I need something I can tow behind it. Feel free to ask me any questions about the car and I would be more than happy to show the car to serious buyers around the Bay Area. It’s currently financed through Alliant Credit Union. I’m very firm on the price. I like how Tesla doesn’t make us haggle, so we don’t have to haggle either.

C61524AA-4412-4523-8B2A-D62415F2C67F.jpeg
9A777AD5-A770-4B75-8B36-849BA14E757D.jpeg
B9076120-0959-4C9A-B357-01C1D99B3662.jpeg
66C94912-9A2E-413C-8A6D-C7894DA9CB92.jpeg

I completely agree that Tesla’s prices are higher than your asking price.....we also know that Tesla rehabs their cpo’s to like new condition and come with 2 or 4 year extended warranty. Not to mention that “dealer’s” prices will alway be more than that of private sales. Not saying your car isn’t worth the asking price, I believe it is, but selling history on this forum says you have a better chance selling at $58K. I bought my MS 85D with 26K miles two weeks ago for $60K fully loaded with every option except jump seats. Even came with 21” turbines.

2015 Tesla Model S 85 D for Sale (Houston): $64,000

• Informative
Reactions: FlyinLow
I completely agree that Tesla’s prices are higher than your asking price.....we also know that Tesla rehabs their cpo’s to like new condition and come with 2 or 4 year extended warranty. Not to mention that “dealer’s” prices will alway be more than that of private sales. Not saying your car isn’t worth the asking price, I believe it is, but selling history on this forum says you have a better chance selling at $58K. I bought my MS 85D with 26K miles two weeks ago for $60K fully loaded with every option except jump seats. Even came with 21” turbines.

Tesla doesn't rehab cpo anymore. $62k is a great deal IMO with that mileage and warranty .

This car went through Tesla’s original CPO refurbishment process in April of 2017 when I purchased it through them, which means the car is like-new and it’s still in the same condition now as it was then. There’s ~4 years, 1 month and ~42,000 miles left on the CPO warranty. The warranty is fully transferable, for free, so there’s still a lot of value there.

Tesla’s transportation fees are almost always $2,000 to get the car to you.

Since I’m not Tesla, you get to see the actual car you’re wanting before you decide to buy and you don’t have to play the waiting game, which wasn’t fun.

Not to mention the recent change to their CPO program where they think up to a 2” scratch is acceptable and you won’t even know until you go to take delivery. I can assure you there are 0 scratches and 0 dings on this car, Tesla can’t.

Also, $58,000 was exactly what CarMax offered for it on Saturday. I figured $4,000 over that would be fair to both me and the buyer. I really don’t want to see my car go to auction.

Reactions: Zorg
8BBE20B8-B676-4B95-9EC6-03D0DCFDDE1B.jpeg

No, it is indeed 270 rated miles that it charges to. This photo is about a week old. I do not have it set to show ideal miles, as that setting is useless.

I actually never charged the car to 100% up until this photo and only did so for the purpose of selling to get it’s rated capacity. The car would stay at 50% for most of its time with me since I travel so much for work. I decided to ship it to California For this project I’m on since it’s such a hotbed for Tesla’s and thought I’d sell it while I was here. When the car was in use back at home I would charge it to 80% - 90%. I still only charge it to 80% - 90% while I’m traveling out of town.

I had bought a 2014 P85+ back in 2014 that I kept until 2017 when I traded it in for this car, and that car still charged to 263 rated miles out of its original 265 with ~35,000 miles. Again, with that one I kept it at 50% when I was out of town and 80% - 90% charged when I was using it. If you treat these batteries right, they will last you a very long time.

I owned a 2014 P85+ with all the options before my current one and paid a stupid premium for it all. I owned that one for about 3 years. I went out of my way for this one to make sure I didn’t get certain options.

1. Those beautiful 21” turbines left me stranded due to blowouts on pot holes twice, requiring a flat bed tow each time. The tires also only lasted maybe 8,000 miles. I think I went through 10 tires in 3 years and had to replace two rims. Mine were staggered so I couldn’t rotate the tires. I don’t even want to think about how much time and money I wasted on them. -10/10 would never own again.

2. The panoramic sunroof was unbelievably squeaky and let in a ton of road/wind noise. The only people who got to appreciate the view were those in the back seat. From the drivers seat, it wasn’t even noticeable. There’s more head room without it. Tesla had to replace the seal twice due to some of the seal popping up and creating an annoying hissing noise at highway speed. It was much hotter inside while driving, though that car was black so that may have attributed to it. I’d like to see/try the glass roof in person when/if I get another, that seems much more promising. 3/10

3. I never once needed to use the air suspension. I also find the ride better with the 19” on coils than the 21” on air. I decided against air again due to my complete indifference to it and the fact it needed service once. Less stuff to break. meh/10

In the end I paid Tesla almost the same for this specific 85D without those options as I would have for another 85D with all of them.

Some people will want those options. If you’ve had the same experiences as me or have heard/read about others with similar experiences, you may not want them. I recommend anyone looking to buy a used Tesla to do a ton of research on that specific year and it’s available options with their associated problems before you buy, regardless of warranty.