Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla Model S 85D, Silver on Gray, 13k mi, Autopilot, Supercharging, HOV, AWD, $75k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody,

Long time lurker, frequent PM'er, and first time poster.
I rarely post to any type of forum that I subscribe to, especially when I feel I don't have useful content to contribute.

I want to express my sincere thanks to those that have helped me learn so much about Tesla over the past years.
They definitely know who they are, and I am very grateful for how much they give back to the community.

I'm selling my 2015 85D, after which I intend to purchase a newer lower battery capacity Model S or Model X: after a job change at the end of November, I don't need the range of the 85D. I do like the performance though, it's rated at 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, and feels faster when you need (or want) it.

I purchased this Model S on October 13th, 2016, with 9,570 miles on it.
Please see the current eBay listing for 91 pictures, with much more detail:
2015 Tesla Model S Sedan | eBay

The short version is:
1. Manufacturing date and mileage: The car was manufactured in March, 2015. Based on my weekly driving pattern of 400-500 miles a week, it will have about 13,000 miles on it by December 18th.
2. Options: The car was configured with these options, at time of purchase: 85 kWh battery, silver metallic paint, gray leather seats and interior (discontinued by Tesla in December), dual motor, obeche wood gloss decor, and tech package with activated Autopilot. The car also has fog lights, and original Tesla-provided Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires, with 8/32nd's tread depth remaining, with a 45,000 mile warranty. Please note: no panoramic roof, which is my personal preference: with body-colored roof, there is no potential long-term failure, prevention against heat intrusion inside the cabin during hot weather, and excellent sound rejection at highway speeds.
3. Warranty: The car is covered under Tesla bumper to bumper warranty to March, 2019, or about 37k miles from now, with the 8 year, unlimited mile warranty on the battery and drive units. At the end of November, I had the Tesla Miramar service center do warranty work, which included replacing the front black lower bumper valence, rear "TESLA" chrome trunk trim, backup camera, charge port access hatch, floor mats, logs pulled, fluids refilled, etc.
4. Condition: The interior and exterior condition is very good to excellent: flawless interior, and just one noticeable scratch, if you look hard, behind the lower right passenger fender, about 1" long. This, along with some hairline scratches on the front fender, and a paint nick on the right rear fender, are the only reason why I could classify the car in "Very Good" condition.
5. Registration, HOV lane, title: CA registration paid to March, 2017, CA white HOV stickers on hand but not applied, clean title on hand (car is owned, not under a loan or leased) with no accidents, and a 97 Autocheck score.
6. Battery range: Even though the car is 21 calendar months old, there is *zero* battery degradation: when charged to 100%, the car still charges to 270 rated miles, and 340 ideal miles. See picture for the last test of this, at the San Diego Supercharger, in early December. There is no range loss due to the previous owner's illness, during which the car was not charged, and not driven.
7. Parts included in the sale: 2 key fobs, Tesla UMC with 15 amp (6-15), 30 amp (14-30), 50 amp (14-50), and J1772 public charging adapters, parcel shelf, window sticker, unused touchup paint, and service records.

Asking price: $75,000, in line with Kelly Blue Book "Very Good" condition, as of this date, and this mileage.

Location: I am in Carlsbad, which is in northern San Diego, CA.
Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks!
IMG_9903.jpg
IMG_9914.jpg
IMG_9968.jpg
IMG_9979.jpg
IMG_9948.jpg
IMG_9941.jpg
IMG_0793.jpg
IMG_0767.jpg
IMG_0626.jpg
IMG_9436.jpg