Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla Model S D85 - mileage ~27k - $74000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've decided to purchase a model X, so we're selling our beautiful red model S. My husband and I purchased this car new. It was delivered at the end of March in 2015. It has never been in any type of accident. We don't smoke or eat in the car. It's also been a kid and pet free car. The car currently has 26,100 miles on it, but I drive it everyday to work so by the time we are ready do sell it - I figure it'll have about 27,000 on it. It's in great condition!! We also had Opi-coat Pro put on the car to protect the paint when we bought it. The car is almost like new except for the lack of a new car smell!!

Here's what it has: Free charging at Tesla super charging stations for the life of the car, super charger enabled w/ dual chargers, 8 year extended warranty, tech and cold weather package, 19"wheels, tan interior, matte obeche wood decor, glass panoramic sunroof, ultra high fidelity sound system, center console, car cover, floor and trunk mats and chains (never used). If you don't want the chains we can sell those separately.

Our new Tesla will be delivered around the beginning of February, so we'd like to find a buyer and sell the car around The end of January. If you're interested drop me a line and we can talk about timing.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 116
Hi All,
I haven't had any interest in my vehicle. Do I not have it priced right? The original price was a little more than $110,000 and we've added the console, car cover and snow chains and we also purchased the extended warranty. I'd like to get some feedback about the price! Thanks

Hey @Sthygesen,

Your post would probably benefit from pictures of the interior. I also think that the price is slightly high, given that there have been 2015 85D CPO vehicles that have been purchased for $70-72k. You probably need to find a midpoint between what Tesla is offering you for a trade-in and what Tesla is charging for similar CPOs.

Also, where is your vehicle located?

Last edited:
I've sold a Tesla S and having researched resale price quite a bit. The best value estimate out there seems to be what Tesla calculated for trade-in value and the value that they calculate that they would sell it for themselves. Then keep in mind that Tesla would charge you an extra $500/yr to cover the cost of adding a new 4 year warranty. This value would come out of the resale price that Tesla is asking for.

Depreciation is typically close to 30% during year 1 and 10% additional there after. If your original sticker price was $110,000 2 years ago. Then my quick, rough estimate would be some where around $70k-$66k.