Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla Model S P85D | White| 48k miles | Tesla Warranty Unitl 08/2022 | Virginia | $49.5k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Folks,

Relisting the car with an updated (better) price as our Model Y delivery is getting closer.

Why am I Selling?
This is my wife's car and she has decided she wants a Model Y.

Background:
We purchased this car back in August 2020 from Tesla as a way to get our feet wet in the EV world. We've been working from home so we've only added roughly 7k miles on it since it was purchased a year ago. This car is an absolute monster (0-60 in 3.1) but equally tame when you need it to be. All-in-all, the car is in excellent condition inside/out and I'd encourage any interested parties to check it out in person.

I've been keeping a close eye on the market and know what these are currently trading for on Cars.com, AutoTrader, Tesla Used, etc. That said, I've decided to price the car accordingly at $49.5k firm.

Basics:
- Year/Make/Model: 2015 Model S P85D (Insane+)
- Exterior Color: Pearl White
- Interior Color: Tan Leather
- Mileage: 48k (Slightly under)
- 2nd owner
- Clean history
- Title in-hand
- Tesla (bumper-to-bumper) warranty until August 2022
- 245 mile range at full charge

Options:
- Performance Package
- Tech Package with Autopilot (AP1)
- Black Alcantara Dashboard Accents
- Tan Alcantara Headliner
- Matte Obeche Wood Décor
- Yacht Floor
- All Glass Panoramic Sunroof
- 21" Turbine Wheels
- Red Brake Calipers
- Smart Air Suspension
- Ultra High Fidelity Sound
- Free Premium connectivity

Add-ons:
- Tesla all-weather floor mats
- Toyo Proxes Sport A/S (installed 3/2021)
- 35% Crystalline tint

Please feel free to PM me for question and additional pics or questions regarding the car.

Tesla2.jpeg

Tesla3.jpeg

Tesla7.jpeg
Tesla5.jpeg

Tesla10.jpeg

Tesla12.jpeg

Tesla13.jpeg

Tesla11.jpeg

Tesla15.jpeg

Tesla16.jpeg

I sold my 2015 with 31K miles for $45K to AutoNation, and it was the base 85D, not performance like yours. I’m curious to see what you could get from a dealer?
Appreciate the insight. When did you sell your 85D to AutoNation?

Honestly, I'm sure I could get more from a private sale but not really trying to make a buck off of fellow enthusiasts. I think it's priced fairly based on KBB and overall market value.

Appreciate the insight. When did you sell your 85D to AutoNation?

Honestly, I'm sure I could get more from a private sale but not really trying to make a buck off of fellow enthusiasts. I think it's priced fairly based on KBB and overall market value.
Sold it last week. I was sick of private party joyrides, financing proposals, and such. Took it to the dealer and was out with a check in my hand in one hour, and that’s including the time it took them to call my credit union to satisfy my loan.

Sold it last week. I was sick of private party joyrides, financing proposals, and such. Took it to the dealer and was out with a check in my hand in one hour, and that’s including the time it took them to call my credit union to satisfy my loan.
Not gonna lie, that sounds pretty enticing.

I also hate tire kickers but you do tend to find enthusiasts who would actually enjoy the car. I’ll leave this post up for now and check out AutoNation as well. Thanks again!

For comparison, I sold my 2015 Model S to a friend for $35,000, which is what the dealer offered me. I may have been able to get more, but I wanted to sell it, not demo it. And now we have another Tesla driving around!

I believe that as climate change gets more serious, more and more people will be wanting electrics, and Tesla is the best car out there. I see Ford just beginning to get interested in electrics, but as of now, no one wants one but those who have driven one, so I give drives to anyone that expresses interest, but with the warning that those that drive one end up wanting one, then buying one. I've "sold" a dozen cars up where I live.

Reactions: sealgrey997
Just got a quote from AutoNation as per @a.deodatus recommendation and it's very close to my asking price.

Will definitely consider selling to them in the coming weeks if no interest; however, would rather sell to a fellow enthusiast vs. a dealer who is just going to mark it up another $5k.
Hi I am new to this community and just lost my car yesterday in a freak accident. Thankfully, I was able to walk away unharmed but my car was totaled. I am very desperately trying to find a suitable replacement that is dependable and I've not had the money to purchase a Tesla until now. I am very interested in the car and would love to talk to you about possibly picking it up some time this week, if it's still available. Please feel free to call or text me directly at 847-651-5377. I live near Chicago, IL but will be able to drive down to pick it up. I hope to hear from you soon. (Please don't sell it to the dealer!)

Reactions: sealgrey997
Curious which 997 you have. I have a 997S Cab with a RUF Kompressor conversion. It's a beast, but my P85D is still quicker. Sold an 06 Cayenne Turbo S and bought the P85D with about 38k miles on it for $43.5K back in late Feb to try out an EV. Loving it so far!
Hey another P-car enthusiast!

I had a 997 Carrera Coupe which I sold years ago but still use the 997 handle. Also had a 991 Carrera which I also sold earlier this year because it just didn't have the same mechanical feel that I loved with the 997. Currently Porsche-less but looking to pick up a 997 Turbo Cab once the market cools down a bit.

Btw, a "slow" 911 + P85D daily = dream garage. Truly best of both worlds!