Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 1 month old S90D

How much should the buyer pay?

Votes: 37 38.1%

Votes: 44 45.4%

Votes: 14 14.4%

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you should disclose more about your issue withe car to more accurately establish a base asking price. Right now we are just throwing darts.

Also, don't you have lemon laws? Can't you just return it? If it's mechanical problems then I would think this would apply. To me, at one month in, I would think Tesla would be doing everything possible for you.

You also say that you drive it a lot, so whatever is wrong doesn't sound serious.

Help us out, what is it?

At first, I was thinking that you were selling back the Model X.

But the Model S had very few bad comments (12 volt battery to be replaced) or isolated cases (lower suspension arm) ...
So I'm kind of puzzle about the issues you may have?

If it was just a change of heart, after one month and may be 1,000 or 2,000 miles the car is still like new
so 10% devaluation should be honest ($90 k), but of course I would like to try to bargain to 20% ($80 k) or more :)

I'm not sure about if the $7,500 tax credit could be transferred?
Also you already paid sales taxes (about $10 k) and I would have again to paid sales taxes.

Hello, everyone.

I have not had a change of heart. I am happy to discuss the car personally and in private with anyone.

As has been discussed, there is a Florida lemon law which I do not qualify for at this point. However, it would be very stupid of me to publicly air all of my concerns on a forum if I want to reserve the right to pursue the lemon law. At this point, I do not intend to pursue it at all.

I am interested in selling the car for a reasonable price, that is all.

If you are interested in the car, PM me. Otherwise, I am not here to simply satisfy curiosity. I apologize for being blunt about it but I am talking about a 100k investment here.

If you want to see the service records I have them. If you want to see the car and possibly purchase it, PM me. Otherwise, this thread is to sell my car. No other purpose.

Reactions: RAM_Eh
I'm selling my car. I'm not very happy with Tesla. Any reasonable offer will be considered. Delivered on 07/26/16

I drive it a lot so the sooner you buy it the less miles it will have on it. :)

Outsider looking in here. This is like when my kids say "dad this tastes spoiled, do you want it?". I can appreciate your offer to openly disclose issues but unless someone is looking to buy this car cheap and flip it without disclosing to the next owner I don't see you attracting many buyers.

As with what others have said - I'm not sure of what your issues are with the car, Lemon Law for sure.
If the issues are not with the car but with Tesla as a corporation you may want to keep that out of your for sale post as it's not helping the sale.

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby
Outsider looking in here. This is like when my kids say "dad this tastes spoiled, do you want it?". I can appreciate your offer to openly disclose issues but unless someone is looking to buy this car cheap and flip it without disclosing to the next owner I don't see you attracting many buyers.

As with what others have said - I'm not sure of what your issues are with the car, Lemon Law for sure.
If the issues are not with the car but with Tesla as a corporation you may want to keep that out of your for sale post as it's not helping the sale.

Thank you. I do all of my business 100% transparently and honestly. If it costs me a few bucks I am ok with that.

Again, all of the service records and concerns are available. If you are interested in purchasing the car PM me. :-D

Reactions: JPUConn
I'm not sure about if the $7,500 tax credit could be transferred?
Also you already paid sales taxes (about $10 k) and I would have again to paid sales taxes.

The federal tax credit is lost. This is why if the car has been registered and titled, it has depreciated $7.5K-10K depending on the state and if the states incentives are transferrable. Why buy a $100K used car for $90K without incentives versus buying a new car for $100K with $10K in incentives. You add on the real depreciation on top of that.

Tesla's happiness guarantee has quoted $20,000 in depreciation on a less than 90 day old car.

Sales tax is lost and is irrelevant in a depreciation calculation on a used car.

Yep @mkjayakumar
And it makes sense to him and his priorities, and thats all that really matters.
He has a beautiful car, sure to make someone happy. win-win

It is definitely a beautiful car. I was in LOVE until I got it home and things weren't working.

I think it is very possible that someone buys it from me and doesn't have any more problems. I used to have a very expensive RV and my fellow RVers told me that they only buy used RVs because it is so incredibly normal for them to have problems at first they would rather have someone else deal with them.

I would be happy with two outcomes. A Tesla Model S without problems or another electric car. I'm not interested in buying an ICE actually.

With regards to autopilot. I have not tried other systems but by all reports Tesla has the best.

That being said, I would prefer a car without it as I tend to WANT to use it but it is not reliable enough to be of any use to me aside from being a gimmick. At times, it is unsafe and I do not want to be liable for things Tesla made that aren't functioning as expected in very normal circumstances.

I look forward to it being functional.

Last edited:
Unsuccessful sending you a private message. Can you private message me?

If you want to see the service records I have them. If you want to see the car and possibly purchase it, PM me. Otherwise, this thread is to sell my car. No other purpose