Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016.5 air suspension severely unleveled after camber arm, toe arm, and lowering link install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d say that wasn’t a coincidence - perhaps they have maximum travel limits that were exceeded? I’ll remember to lock mine in place somehow if I ever remove any suspension parts

I don't know about that. I've swung mine around from 'lock to lock' before while working on suspension components, and mine sits at the perfect height every time, no issues. I truly don't know how to explain three of four sensors failing at the exact same time, especially on such a routine job. TBH, I'm more inclined to think that Tesla just gave OP a story to get him invoiced and out of there.

Update… it turns out that when installing the lowering links 3 of 4 ride height sensors went bad simultaneously. All 3 replaced finally…
You can order them direct from Tesla. $112 per and the install is incredibly easy.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions and help.
@ZCaimbeul How did you find out that the ride sensors were bad, and which were the 3 bad ones? Did you take it to a Service Centre? Did the car throw any error code on the dash? I too just installed the N2itive camber + toe arms (I did not get the lowering links) on my 2013 P85, like you l made sure I was in Jack Mode during install etc etc and now my car throws an EAS_w005 error about the air suspension. My closest SC is a two hour drive.

@ZCaimbeul How did you find out that the ride sensors were bad, and which were the 3 bad ones? Did you take it to a Service Centre? Did the car throw any error code on the dash? I too just installed the N2itive camber + toe arms (I did not get the lowering links) on my 2013 P85, like you l made sure I was in Jack Mode during install etc etc and now my car throws an EAS_w005 error about the air suspension. My closest SC is a two hour drive.
@ZCaimbeul Can you please provide the part numbers for the ride height sensors you got from Tesla? I need to replace my rear left sensor. It's stuck in low after the N2itive install. All I see online is aftermarket sensors. Not sure I trust them.

@ZCaimbeul Can you please provide the part numbers for the ride height sensors you got from Tesla? I need to replace my rear left sensor. It's stuck in low after the N2itive install. All I see online is aftermarket sensors. Not sure I trust them.
IMG_6028.jpeg

I swapped the sensors and still had the ride height issue. I ended up having Tesla re-pressurize the air system and it solved my issue.
I hope this helps!