Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016.5 model S FSD vs EAP vs AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
I am hoping someone could help as I am not understanding this 2016.5 refresh model s P90D. The owner(2nd owner) is saying it does have FSD, but based on what I see it doesn't look like it? Or is this how it was back on the older models. Also if I bought this would need eMuc update correct?

1680044122474.png

1680044133221.png

I tried to look on the forums but didn't find any threads so if you have any please share the link!

It doesn't have full self-driving. It has the comparable version of that software feature on the previous AP1 hardware though. You would need an AP2 car in order to even potentially get full self-driving as a software feature.
So I couldn't upgrade the hardware as AP1 is best that could be on this car? Sorry I am still trying to learn and better understand :)

So I couldn't upgrade the hardware as AP1 is best that could be on this car? Sorry I am still trying to learn and better understand :)
AP1 cars are missing the side cameras and other hardware to allow FSD and that's not something that can be added as an upgrade. AP1 has been great for me and I use it often without issue. The eMMC recall isn't a big deal but if the car doesn't have MCU2 I would just spring for that upgrade. It's not cheap but it makes the older S a lot more up to date with a usable web browser, functioning voice commands, faster map loading and navigation, plus you get a new main screen and instrument cluster screen which are much sharper. The only downside I had was that my Tesla app used to connect to my car instantly before the MCU2 upgrade. Now it takes anywhere from 8-30 seconds. I don't know why it got worse but it did.

Reactions: EV_D