Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

2016.5 Model S Seat upgrade/retrofit

Hello everyone I am in need of some advice/help. I have a 2016.5 Model S with 2nd Gen seats. I recently purchased the 4th Gen (Tesla Premium) seats and went to install them yesterday. The drivers seat switched over fine except the memory location, seat heater, and power headrest won’t work. As for the passenger seat, the new seat has three wiring harnesses and my car only has two available for connection. Due to the fact that there is still a harness that is not connected, the seat won’t move at all. Is there some sort of adapter I can purchase to turn the three seat harnesses into the two that my car has or is it possible to swap the wiring harnesses out of my old 2nd Gen seat to this new 4th Gen seat? I appreciate any and all help as I’m very desperate and love the new seats. Thanks!!

Takumi

Aug 25, 2006
IL

Hopefully, that helps you out a bit.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC