TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016.5 Modle S 60D

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Cram collision, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Cram collision

IMG_5856.JPG IMG_5855.JPG IMG_5861.JPG IMG_5857.JPG Just to quickly filter through buyer for this car it has a rebuilt title.
    Specs 2016.5 facelift
    75 kw battery
    Software is 2018 10.4
    Winter package 5 heated seats and steering wheel
    19 inch slip streams custom painted
    Roof glass with sunroof
    Miles 7,500 driven daily
    Dual motors
    AP 2.0 that works flawless
    Sumunes feature
    Free supercharging also works flawless
    Supported by the Tesla app
    I'm sure truelly interested buyer will have a million questions private message me.
    Asking 58,000
    Reason for sale Model x for the wife
    Drive it home!!

• Like x 1
  2. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

Is this a 75 or a 75D or a 60D?

3. kev1n

kev1n Active Member

i read it as a 60D with 75 battery upgrade available

4. Cram collision

60 d that's upgradable to a 75d if you want to give tesla 2,000 dollars and it's approved for uncorking

5. Toppatop55

Toppatop55 ~Life Is Good~

even with the clean look and somewhat decent features, Tesla will never support it past the software point that it is now. Also 58K seems a bit high for a salvage title which means the car has already been fully paid off by the insurance company. In any case, GLWS

6. Cram collision

Please excuse Model spelled wrong in the listing title I phone buttched it

7. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

Details on the collision and repair? Has it been inspected by Tesla?

• Like x 1
  8. Carmiol

Carmiol Member

Can you add some pictures from the interior?

9. DanKC

DanKC Member

What's a "Sumunes feature"? That's a new one.

10. Cram collision

Tried doing this from my IPhone I apologize
    It's the come here now
    option !!

11. deaddog

deaddog Member

Can you advise as to the warranty status? I know that salvage title voids manufacturer warranty and, I believe, a rebuilt title is simply a salvage title that has been "rebuilt." I suspect that rebuilt title means no manufacturer warranty but that would be good to know.

12. Toppatop55

I called my local Tesla service center and the Rep. told me they won’t touch cars that are salvage or have rebuilt titles. Not even to service them. Buyer Beware.

• Like x 2
  13. DrMike

DrMike Member

I know there's some caveat that you can pay something like $2,500 to have them inspect it, and supposedly recertify it, such that they will touch it again (I doubt that means they will warranty it though). I often see people selling rebuilt cars mention this, in the context of "it's in perfect shape, just pay Tesla $2,500 to re-certify it", which makes me think "if that's all that's necessary, why don't *YOU* pay them to inspect and re-certify it, then you can sell it as a car that has been re-certified by Tesla instead of as a rebuilt car, which would certainly increase the value by more than $2,500". At least that's what pops into my head....

This is a nice looking car. Personally I don't think I'd touch a salvaged vehicle. Perhaps it would help if pictures were available of what it was salvaged for....

• Like x 1
  14. DanKC

DanKC Member

Maybe it's the one we saw on the news...

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  15. Toppatop55

OOOOOOoooooooh......that looks real painful. poor car.....

16. DrMike

DrMike Member

Ouch. Personally, I would not want a rebuilt car that had been in that kind of accident. I would not trust that the airbag system was all rebuilt properly.

17. DanKC

DanKC Member

To be clear - that was meant as a joke - that accident was all over the news and was in California I think.

18. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

So is it 58k, or . . . 52k?
    2017 tesla s 60D with autopilot

It's REALLY REALLY hard to get Tesla to recert a car. All the frame damage must be repaired to their specs (alum joints have to be glued, riveted with specific rivets, etc.). If ANYTHING is out of spec, the car fails. There are also two fees: 1) the fee for the Tesla certified bodyshop to take the car apart and photograph specific frame joints and sections and send to Tesla, and put the car back together, and then 2) the fee for Tesla to look at those pictures and their engineers to put a stamp of approval on it or not. In the end, you may go through the expense and still not get a certified car.

One thing that is interesting about this listing, if true, is that the Tesla mobile app still works. That is usually one of the first things to get discontinued. Is this the original Tesla app, or some 3rd party app like Ingineer's app?

Pre-crash pictures? Interior pictures? VIN?

• Informative x 2
  19. Sunshine State

Sunshine State Automotive Enthusiast

Everyone is assuming this car was crashed. It may have crashed but it could just as likely have been a flood car. He hasn’t said which, just that it was fixed by a professional shop. Insurance auctions have many of both.

20. Rdr4evr69

Rdr4evr69 Member

Can I have the Vin number please?