Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 70d or 75d?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting rid of my 2013 Model S this week and have 2 different options to trade it in for. The first is a 2016 70d with the nose cone, AP1, and 2nd gen interior for $30k or a 2016 75d with the facelift and AP2 (enhanced autopilot) for $37k. What's the better move? Is it worth the extra $7k for the facelift and AP2?

I'm getting rid of my 2013 Model S this week and have 2 different options to trade it in for. The first is a 2016 70d with the nose cone, AP1, and 2nd gen interior for $30k or a 2016 75d with the facelift and AP2 (enhanced autopilot) for $37k. What's the better move? Is it worth the extra $7k for the facelift and AP2?
How much warranty is left on the 75D? My advice is to go with a newer car that has more range and updated features - so the 75D.

How much warranty is left on the 75D? My advice is to go with a newer car that has more range and updated features - so the 75D.

Both are out of warranty other than battery/motor, I was specifically looking for a higher mileage one because I drive 40-50,000 miles a year and would kill any resale value of a lower mileage one pretty quick, the 70d has 100k miles and 75d is at 84k miles. My 2013 is still going strong with 140k miles and very little in the way of repairs

Both are out of warranty other than battery/motor, I was specifically looking for a higher mileage one because I drive 40-50,000 miles a year and would kill any resale value of a lower mileage one pretty quick, the 70d has 100k miles and 75d is at 84k miles. My 2013 is still going strong with 140k miles and very little in the way of repairs
The difference in mileage between the two is not much. I still recommend getting the 75D (AP2 and greater range).

Not sure if you're able to answer this or not but the 75d should also be eligible for the uncork to 4.2 seconds as well if it hasn't been done yet, right?
I'd say that is a highly likely possibility. I have a 75D AP1 (June 2016 build) and I got mine uncorked after I bought it. The one you're looking at is newer, so it's very likely already uncorked.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jms20nj