Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 75D - Cruise control works but no TACC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner of a 2016 75D and I'm trying to piece together what I really have in terms of options with respect to AP. Reading through various forums and such, I'm fairly certain that by this time (2016 "model year"), TACC would've essentially been standard. On mine, I can engage the cruise control with no issues, and the speed increase/decrease functionality works. However, nothing happens with respect to the TACC. When I engage the cruise, there's no indication TACC is functioning, and turning the knob to set the following distance does nothing.

Sorry if this has already been addressed...

Otherwise, what am I missing?

New owner of a 2016 75D and I'm trying to piece together what I really have in terms of options with respect to AP. Reading through various forums and such, I'm fairly certain that by this time (2016 "model year"), TACC would've essentially been standard. On mine, I can engage the cruise control with no issues, and the speed increase/decrease functionality works. However, nothing happens with respect to the TACC. When I engage the cruise, there's no indication TACC is functioning, and turning the knob to set the following distance does nothing.

Sorry if this has already been addressed...

Otherwise, what am I missing?
Sorry, but no, TACC was part of the package that included Autopilot -- so an option. If AP1 was not purchased, then just standard cruise control was included.

In theory you could pay to have the features activated, but no idea if Tesla will still do that or how much they might charge.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Just log into your Tesla account and you will see Auto pilot upgrade options. $3k for Auto Pilot, $6k($7k starting Nov 1) for FSD. I have a used 2018 75D, paid $3k for auto pilot and debating if I should upgrade before price goes up. Thinking about how to convince my wife on that. haha.

• Disagree
Reactions: Struja
Just log into your Tesla account and you will see Auto pilot upgrade options. $3k for Auto Pilot, $6k($7k starting Nov 1) for FSD. I have a used 2018 75D, paid $3k for auto pilot and debating if I should upgrade before price goes up. Thinking about how to convince my wife on that. haha.
This is certainly a good place to start. However, what applies to a 2018 vehicle may not be the same as a 2016 vehicle. What applies to an AP2 car may not apply to an AP1 car. What applies to an owner who bought new may not apply to someone who bought used.

Just as this been mentioned, you need to know did your car had AP1 sensors equipped from factory. This would have been listed in the specification before you made your purchase. You could also see large rectangular space in the middle of front bumper at lower level - it’s a radar for detecting objects. Like already suggested, see it on your Tesla account. I have the same year car and I had to activate after I purchased this second hand, previous owner just didn’t dear to pay the sum.
For activation you need to visit SvC, other benefits will be the use of Autopilot on your commute.