Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 75D Throwing up lots of errors, won't engage drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping someone out there can shed some light on this.

As of this morning the car refuses to engage Drive and is throwing up a raft of errors including the following:

Automatic Emergency Braking is disabled
Power reduced - Service is required
Acceleration and top speed reduced
Traction control disabled
Stability control disabled
Park Assist available

All very scary stuff for an out of warranty car!

I can also hear a buzzing sound coming from the passenger side near where the fuse box would be under the bonnet. It isn't really loud but definitely not normal for this car.

I've tried the scroll wheel restart and the power of option via the MCU but to no avail.

Anyone else had a problem like this? I've attached some pictures of the errors and also where I think this buzzing is coming from. This is a RHD car so I think things under the bonnet are also flipped vs LHD cars.

I'll likely need to get the car towed to Tesla but want to check here first as I know this place is a great source of Tesla wisdom!

Attachments

• image_67183873.JPG
    image_67183873.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image_67220993.JPG
    image_67220993.JPG
    546.6 KB · Views: 49
When the TPMS module failed in my car it jambed up the CANBUS and generated all kinds of wild errors.
Happened while driving and the car I nursed it to Tesla Service wouldn't even go into park, and thought it was going 60mph the whole weekend park in Tesla's lot. Wracked 2500miles on that charge............Tesla resolved that.

Was a $600 fix for new module and new set of tire sensors because mine used the old system.

Was quite upsetting to have basically all systems fail on a car I had spent $50k on and only owned a year at that point, but was quite relieved with just a $600 bill and half that was new sensors which it needed soon anyway.

Hope yours turns out as well, and it was a fast fix couple hours.