TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 90D Battery

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ChrisCavanaugh, Dec 4, 2019.

1. ChrisCavanaugh

I just recently purchased a 90D, it is a late 2016 so it has the face lift car has around 55k on it.

I am new to Tesla, we will roughly drive around 50 miles a day. What is the best way to charge?

Any other best practices to keep in mind?

Also, battery at full charge is 274 and at 90% at 245. Is this normal?

2. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Hi Chris. I am not sure if there is such a thing as "normal". I have the same car as you, with about the same mileage (I have 90k KM).

My 90% is about 405km which is about 250 miles, I believe. I would say the best way to charge is probably daily (at home), if you can and limit charging at superchargers to a need based amount. I think there is a general consensus that as long as you aren't using superchargers more than 2 or 3 times a week, you'll be fine, although there are certainly people with more knowledge than me.

I actually had a very interesting thing happen to my battery yesterday which I will write about in a different thread, so as not to hijack here, but I wold say, charge to 80 or 90% daily and you'll be good.

3. ChrisCavanaugh

Thanks for your post,

we don’t have any Superchargers near us, the only time we would do this would be on a trip.

4. sd_tom

sd_tom Member

i got a used 90D such as yourself with 35k miles and have the exact same rated miles for full charge .. 274. ive seen one other person mention that number, so not unusual.

heres another thread talking about 90D ranges
    2015 vs 2016 - 90D Range?

5. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Active Member

Page from manual.

Attached Files: