Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 90D Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just recently purchased a 90D, it is a late 2016 so it has the face lift car has around 55k on it.

I am new to Tesla, we will roughly drive around 50 miles a day. What is the best way to charge?

Any other best practices to keep in mind?

Also, battery at full charge is 274 and at 90% at 245. Is this normal?

Hi Chris. I am not sure if there is such a thing as "normal". I have the same car as you, with about the same mileage (I have 90k KM).

My 90% is about 405km which is about 250 miles, I believe. I would say the best way to charge is probably daily (at home), if you can and limit charging at superchargers to a need based amount. I think there is a general consensus that as long as you aren't using superchargers more than 2 or 3 times a week, you'll be fine, although there are certainly people with more knowledge than me.

I actually had a very interesting thing happen to my battery yesterday which I will write about in a different thread, so as not to hijack here, but I wold say, charge to 80 or 90% daily and you'll be good.

Page from manual.

Attachments

• official.JPG
    official.JPG
    585.3 KB · Views: 90