TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 ap2 tells

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hBomb, Aug 8, 2018.

1. hBomb

hBomb Member

Hi all,

I know that ap2 hardware started going into cars in the fall of 2016. I’m trying to find one of these cars (likely a 75d) to buy. As I hunt through various listings, is there a quick way to tell if it has ap2 If I can’t discern the build date? The fascia update helps, but it happened in the spring so there are a number of new fascia/ap1 cars out there. Thanks in advance!

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

You can tell by the side markers they bulge out slightly more and have a black trim that is the side camera = AP2.x car

3. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

Also the B-pillars have cameras in them

• Informative x 1
  4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Pics of side cams as noted above

DD909709-D294-4BE6-A35D-6781348D9C6F.jpeg BCDBD96E-470D-4B40-90BD-8451CC2A7301.jpeg

5. hBomb

hBomb Member

That was so fast I got whiplash. Thanks, all!!

• Like x 2