TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2016 Facelift Model S 75D - $64,000 - Central NJ

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by kaypay, Jul 31, 2017.

1. kaypay

kaypay Member

For Sale: 2016 Facelift Model S 75D - $64,000 - Central NJ

Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
    Autopilot
    Black Next Gen. Seats (Leather)
    Premium Interior Package (Bio-Weapon Defense Mode with HEPA filter, upgraded interior lighting and accent materials)
    Light Headliner
    Dark Ash Wood Decor
    All Glass Panoramic Sunroof
    Solid White Paint
    19" Slipstream Wheels
    ~29k Miles

Aftermarket Upgrades:
    Xpel paint protection film on the hood, front bumper, front fenders, and luggage area.
    Opticoat Ceramic Coating (5 year warranty)
    SpyTec A119 dash cam configured for always-on recording with integrated installation (no dangling wires).
    Abstract Ocean extra bright LEDs for trunk, frunk, and under seats.

Car was delivered in August 2016 as a 60D with software limited 75 kWh battery which was unlocked in May 2017. The badge on the back of the car is still the 60D but can be swapped out for the 75D badge at any Tesla service center at no charge. I work near the service center and can have this changed pre-sale if desired. The car currently has ~29k miles. Buyer will be covered for the remainder of the Tesla "New Vehicle Limited Warranty" (4 year or 50,000 miles) and Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty (8 years, unlimited miles). Buyer can also purchase the Extended Service agreement from Tesla if desired.

Total cost of the car was $83,700 ($81,700 as delivered + $2,000 battery unlock), excluding the after market upgrades. Asking $64,000.

The car runs great and has been very well cared for. I purchased it thinking that it would be "my car" and that when I needed to go somewhere with the kids we would use our gas-powered SUV. After driving the Tesla, I don't want to drive our gas-powered SUV anymore (I should have known better), so looking to upgrade to a Model X.

Attached Files:

2. baoconnor

baoconnor Member

Good looking car, too bad you are so far away in NJ.

3. jgillispie

jgillispie Member

Just enjoy the ride back to Nebraska after buying it. :p

EDIT: Just noticed you are replacing a Genesis with a 3 or CPO. I'm also replacing a Genesis Coupe with the same.

4. baoconnor

baoconnor Member

Yeah, love my Genesis, but it's no Tesla. The Oct-Nov 2018 date for a dual motor 3 made me start looking to a dual motor S now.

5. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

My $.02: Shipping will likely be $1k or close to that. If it's the right car and deal don't let that get in the way.

I live in Connecticut and just sold my S to a buyer in California and am purchasing another S from a seller in Nevada.

6. aliasken

aliasken Member

Nice looking S. I have some mild interest in upgrading my current 2013 S to a dual motor S with Autopilot, so this is an intriguing option. I'm in MD, so not too far away. However, 29k miles in one year is A LOT of miles, so that is certainly a concern. Does this S have the enhanced AP?

7. kaypay

kaypay Member

This is my daily driver vehicle and my total daily commute is ~120 miles, so I put a lot of miles on. The vast majority of the miles (90%+) are "highway miles." I don't think mileage is nearly as big a concern for an EV as it is for an ICE vehicle. And given the Tesla warranty is unlimited mileage, I think that should also make it less of a concern.

It is AP HW1, so "regular" autopilot, not "enhanced" autopilot. Regular AP is still pretty fantastic--and until just recently was materially better than EAP. Obviously EAP has potential to be better in the future, but right now I don't think there is any material difference.

8. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Pm sent

9. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Great looking car and priced well. The indentations on one of the back seats from a car seat?!

10. kaypay

kaypay Member

Thanks. I tried to price it reasonably from the beginning. The audience here obviously knows these cars well and thinking that you can price it very high and get a sale isn't realistic.

Yes, the indentations on the back seats are from car seats. I do use a pad between the car seat and the Tesla seat, so there isn't any "wear" on the leather, just the indentation. I took the seats out shortly before I took the picture. I guess I should have waited longer and tried to smooth them out a bit. :oops:

11. aliasken

aliasken Member

Thanks for the info. The battery and Drive Unit are 8 years / unlimited mileage, but everything else is 4yrs/50,000 miles, so that's where the concern lies. It sure does look sweet though! I'll PM you if my interest grows.

12. kaypay

kaypay Member

Right. Didn't mean to suggest the regular warranty was unlimited mileage. Usually if there are other problems with the car, they occur within the first year or so anyway, but if you are concerned about the general warranty, you could always do the extended warranty. Its $2600 for additional 2 years or 25,000 miles or $4750 for 4 years or 50,000 miles. (See: Vehicle Warranty)

• Informative x 1
  13. Bingauto

Bingauto New Member

Kaypay, I'm new to the forum. How do I send you a PM regarding your car?

14. kmistry1986

kmistry1986 Member

Where in Jersey are you located? Also, I cannot find where to send a PM from unless its b/c I am a new member also.

15. kaypay

kaypay Member

Central NJ, near Princeton

16. DrivingRockies

Click name on the left, then "Start Conversation".

17. kaypay

kaypay Member

Sold. Thanks for all the interest.

• Like x 4
  18. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Glad my friend got this. Can't wait to see it after he drives back