Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Facelift Model S 75D with AP1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 Facelift Model S 75D - $69,000
Autopilot 1.0
Unlimited Supercharging
Premium Upgrades Package (HEPA filter & Bioweapon Defense Mode)
Subzero Weather Package
Panoramic Sunroof
Grey Next Gen Leather Seats
Factory installed center console
Solid Black Paint
19,200 miles as of 7/9 (I drive about 200-250 miles per week currently)

Purchased as a 60D. Upgraded to 75D.

I've driven EVs for years and I have been very gentle on the battery in my Model S. I've usually charged only to 50-60% and have rarely discharged below 15%. I've tried to limit the depth of discharge and also manage the cell voltage to ensure minimal capacity loss over time. I've done two road trips totaling about 9,000 miles powered by Supercharging. At home I've charged at 30 amps.

There are a few minor blemishes, as you would expect with a used car, but overall it is in great shape. There's one blemish on the left front fender just above the wheel and another on the front bumper under the right headlight. Inside there's a small, faint scratch in the leather armrest where my watch scraped it once.

$69,000 or best offer.
Serious offers only please.
Please message me through TMC for more information or ask questions below.

Photos below. The badges still say 60D, but the Service Center will swap them out at no charge. I will be sure to have this done before the car changes owners.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: RobertF
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_6057.JPG
IMG_6058.JPG
IMG_6038.JPG
IMG_6040.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6041.JPG
    IMG_6041.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6043.JPG
    IMG_6043.JPG
    475.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    620.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 51
Just out of curiosity, I priced a new 75D. Of course, it would have AP2 instead, but with PUP, SUB-ZERO, and upgrade seats, the total came to $87k. So the net price would be $79,500 after tax credit.

So, the question a buyer (and the seller) have to ask themselves is, "is 20k miles and AP1 instead of AP2 worth the $11,500 discount?"

For me, the answer would be a solid no. But others might think it is. In my opinion, you gotta at least depreciate it at $1 a mile - that's $20k right there. What is AP2 worth over AP1 (currently nothing. LOL).

I would say an actual selling price around $60k (plus or minus $3k) is mostly like the price this car will bring. So the person who offered $55 is low, but the seller is also fairly high.

Only time will tell because a car is worth what the seller can get someone to pay for it.

Just out of curiosity, I priced a new 75D. Of course, it would have AP2 instead, but with PUP, SUB-ZERO, and upgrade seats, the total came to $87k. So the net price would be $79,500 after tax credit.

So, the question a buyer (and the seller) have to ask themselves is, "is 20k miles and AP1 instead of AP2 worth the $11,500 discount?"

For me, the answer would be a solid no. But others might think it is. In my opinion, you gotta at least depreciate it at $1 a mile - that's $20k right there. What is AP2 worth over AP1 (currently nothing. LOL).

I would say an actual selling price around $60k (plus or minus $3k) is mostly like the price this car will bring. So the person who offered $55 is low, but the seller is also fairly high.

Only time will tell because a car is worth what the seller can get someone to pay for it.
I'm not quite sure I follow your pricing...
New 75 - $69,500
D - +$5000
Panoramic Sunroof - +$2000
PUP - +$3500
Subzero - +$1000
Seats - +$3300
That's $84,300 without paying for Autopilot. With Enhanced Autopilot you'd add another $5000, making it $89,300.

I'm just going off of KBB value & the pricing that can be found on other sites.

I don't know Tesla's should be depreciated at $1 per mile, an ICE car maybe, but an EV? Nah.

There are many Tesla's for sale on this very forum that are discounted at $6 per mile. I'll link a few if you don't see them. ALL cars depreciate most at the beginning and then the rate of depreciation goes down immensely as the car gets older. Note that there are 2015's for $62 to $65k, but 2013s are still in the 50s.

Moral of the story is, if you buy new, you better keep it at least 4 years. And if you are buying used, buy one about 1-2 years old. You will endure the least appreciation per mile.

I'm not quite sure I follow your pricing...
New 75 - $69,500
D - +$5000
Panoramic Sunroof - +$2000
PUP - +$3500
Subzero - +$1000
Seats - +$3300
That's $84,300 without paying for Autopilot. With Enhanced Autopilot you'd add another $5000, making it $89,300.

I'm just going off of KBB value & the pricing that can be found on other sites.

So the difference in what you and I came up with is $2k (I didn't add for the roof since the glass roof is standard now). Even if we use your $89,300, that's $81,800 after tax rebate. I still don't see anyone paying $68k for it. But you never know.

• Informative
Reactions: b team
So the difference in what you and I came up with is $2k (I didn't add for the roof since the glass roof is standard now). Even if we use your $89,300, that's $81,800 after tax rebate. I still don't see anyone paying $68k for it. But you never know.
I guess this proves that the 75 kWh upgrade is still not worth the money. I created this thread as a test to measure the value of the 75 kWh upgrade. KBB pricing says that a $2150 upgrade (tax included) adds almost $10,000 to the value of the car, versus selling it as a 60D. Based on the reaction so far I feel that KBB's values are incorrect.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobertF
There's no need to be sarcastic about it- it's a serious offer

Duuuuuuude. No it's not. It's a lowball offer and it's about as serious as me offering $10 and then feigning offense when someone tells me to buzz off. You made an absurd offer and shouldn't be surprised at the response you got.

and maybe below what you expected but that's in the range of what the car is realistically. worth

Oh boy... You can barely find an 2014 AP1 S85 for $55,000. How can you even begin to suggest his car is worth anything remotely close to 55k? Are you able to back up that "realistic" value with listings for other similar cars?

Duuuuuuude. No it's not. It's a lowball offer and it's about as serious as me offering $10 and then feigning offense when someone tells me to buzz off. You made an absurd offer and shouldn't be surprised at the response you got.

Oh boy... You can barely find an 2014 AP1 S85 for $55,000. How can you even begin to suggest his car is worth anything remotely close to 55k? Are you able to back up that "realistic" value with listings for other similar cars?

A 2015 AP1 car recently sold for $52k. And it was an 85D.

2015 85D