Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Facelift/Refresh/New Facia - Cost of front bumper body work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was trying to pull all the way up in a parking space to prevent the potential of someone clipping the back side of my S. Unfortunately, I went a BIT too far and pushed into the metal pole that was protecting the EV charger in front of the spot.

The result is a half inch dent to the front of the bumper, directly in the middle, right below the open section of the front of the car. There is also a 3 inch scratch in the paint that is a result of the dent pushing inward. It is exactly where the front license plate bracket would have been, if I hadn't removed it. I'm very frustrated with myself right now!

Anyone know the cost to repair damage like this? Anyone have opinions on if I should just put the front plate on and prevent and potential for annoying California tickets for not having a front license plate? I'll take a photo later, when I go back to my car.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can feel your pain completely. It will be a tricky fix, being a brand new part. Does the front plate bracket hide the whole thing? Even though I think front plates are heresy, I'd certainly consider putting it on. However, I expect it would remind me every day and would probably just piss me off.

I used to live on Mindanao...

I just realized that the front plate actually WOULDN'T hide it, since the dent is on the lower-most portion of the bumper.

I also realized that it is pretty hard to see the damage, or even photograph it. I tried to show it in this photo. In any case, I think I'm just going to live with it - not worth dealing with the hassle and cost of fixing, if only I am going to notice it.
Slack for iOS Upload-9.jpg
Slack for iOS Upload-10.jpg

Reactions: scole04 and Reekdog
I can sympathize. I put the exact same dent in my 1 week old S, in almost the exact same way, back when I first got it. Of course, that part was black rubbery plastic at the time instead of painted.

I got all the estimates for fixing it. Then I decided it was so minor I couldn't justify fixing it. I performed some corrections to make it less obvious and then just left it. I got the scuff out and all that remains is a slight bulge. I made peace with it and didn't have to worry about when the first ding/damage would come. Honestly, I didn't even remember it was there until I saw this thread.

We match. Mine:
It arrived! First impressions